What's new

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal

Excellent shave and picture Chris! Those Genco razors are nice indeed and you put a very nice coticule edge on it.

Going to pull the trigger on the new 'Piacenza' soap. I had a great shave with a Stirling soap tonight and it just plain has a formulation that works very well for me.

Sent via Tapatalk from phone

Doing a little catching up. Great reads Chris. I'm adding Piacenza to the list too. I've only got one Stirling scent(Executive Man), which is odd since it is a great soap that works really well for me.

Thanks, Gents. Just a quick shave this afternoon after church and gotta head to work. But it was still a good one! The British Aristocrat #16 is fantastic. And the Pen's Blenheim Bouquet scent is just flat-out-awesome!

proxy.php

Very nice Pen's Set up Chris

Thanks!

Awesome photo Chris!! =)

Thanks!

Nice quick shave and wonderful B&W photo. How long lasting do you find this fragrance? Several Pens I've tried don't last very long at all.

Thanks! I find the BB to have good longevity for me. It's been about 9 hours and I can still detect it. But then again, I went with the total Pens BB package of cream, a/s, EdT, and deo. And BTW, to me, the aftershave balm is nicer than the splash in terms of strength of scent.

Noooo! Don't waste shaves!!!!! lol jk, nice pic (anyway)

Thanks! LOL

Stellar Shave and definitely an Awesome Photo as well Brother:thumbup:

Thanks!

Great pic Chris! The Depth of field work is great!

Thanks! I'm glad that digital photography does all the work :001_cool:

SR Shave #331:

Alrighty, back in town, and this morning decided to go with the half hollow Bengall. This is now the fifth shave off my re-hone with the all synth set up and it is still a grade "A" edge and one of the best edges I've achieved. I love how this razor shaves - it feels like a heavy blade, if that makes sense, but it's buttery smooth - it's downright "coti like". And this particular razor strops best on the Westholme 2.5" latigo - it was like they were made for each other. Just a 2-passer this time and it is totally irritation-free, and downright perfect for today!

I ordered a couple more tins of Mike's Natural Soaps the other day. Lately, Mike's has been treating me quite well - it really works for me, and I have always liked the scents, some more than others. But two that I hadn't tried yet intrigued me so got the "Peppermint & Rosemary" and the "Rose & Cedarwood". I used the "Peppermint & Rosemary" today. The performance was stellar - very slick and protective, and excellent post shave feel. The scent is a bit odd to me, however. What I mean is that the peppermint is wonderful, but instead of a rosemary scent, what I get is a camphorous eucalyptus scent. It's not bad, but just different than what I was expecting. It did, however, pair extremely well with the Proraso aftershave.

Set Up:

Bengall 6/8 half hollow
SV 2.0
Mike's "Peppermint & Rosemary"
Proraso

proxy.php

Top Bottom