What's new

My Rolls Razor and Hello

Hi guys,
This is my first time posting on this thread (actually, it's my first time using any forum, ever!). Anyway, I purchased my first vintage razor today. It is a 1935 Rolls Razor "Imperial 2". This razor is really unique in that the stropping and honing are both done using the mechanism built right into the case. I only paid $10 for it and knew it was in decent shape, but also knew it needed a good cleaning.

Here's what I did:
First, as soon as I got it home, I dismantled it at the kitchen sink. I then used some Palmolive dish soap and some steel wool from the dollar store, and went to work scrubbing away. All of the metal in the Rolls Razor is nickel-plated stainless steel, so it cleaned up really well. For the details and tighter spots, I used an old tooth brush. There are still some "dark" spots I want to try to get out, but it's fine for the time being.

I actually got to use the razor tonight, and was pleased to find it gave me a nice close shave. Next on my list is a good brush and some soap. Any recommendations?

Top Bottom