What's new

DE Confessionals

A good friend started counting the razors I had on display - he was quickly reprimanded!

Anyone who counts my razors, or my guns, is not my friend:mad3:

If I told ANYONE I KNEW that I had 6 razors (one new, and 5 vintage), they'd tell me I'm off my rocker.

Here, I say "six" sheepishly - like I don't even come close to the standard. :tongue_sm

Only two at this point:

A Merkur 33c (Classic) and a Gillette NEW I got off of BST.

Of course, this is probably partially due to me being a poor graduate student. No monies helps to keep the RAD in check.

Only two at this point:

A Merkur 33c (Classic) and a Gillette NEW I got off of BST.

Of course, this is probably partially due to me being a poor graduate student. No monies helps to keep the RAD in check.

What you may lack in quantity, my friend, you make up for in quality. Those are both fine razors :thumbup1:

I´m happy to be as lightweight as a feather: I own a Merkur 39c AND a replacement cap therefore its one and one third :a20:

I own (in order of acquisitiion):

- Parker 91R
- 1959 Gillette Super Speed Flair Tip (compliments of Scott)
- 1957 Gillette Super Speed Blue Tip
- Bob's Razor Works Flair Tip Bull Mastiff w/ NEW Long Comb
- 1960's Gillette Travel Tech
- Gillette NEW
- Gillette Old Type
---BELOW ALL ONE PURCHASE FROM eBAY---
- Two (2) Gillette Techs
- One (1) Gillette NEW Improved
- One (1) Gillette NEW
- One (1) Open Comb Segal
- One (1) Unamed/Unknown...yet

The last eight purchases are going to be my experimental pieces in electroplating/electro-unplating, vibrational tumbling stripping/polishing, hand buffing, etc.

So that's a total of 13.

At the moment 10 DE's and 2 straights. I don't have the cash or room to have all the razors I'd like to. I'll only keep a razor if I shave with it. I have an Aristocrat that just doesn't do it anymore, so it's got to go.

two.
One EJ89L
One 1970 long handle super adjustable given to me by my father in law.

Would love to try out an open comb at some point..

Right now i'm more affected by soap AD and razor blade AD :)

If I told ANYONE I KNEW that I had 6 razors (one new, and 5 vintage), they'd tell me I'm off my rocker.

Here, I say "six" sheepishly - like I don't even come close to the standard. :tongue_sm

You said it.

I've got 10 (including 3 Injectors), but I'm planning to get rid of some of them.

Not a big collection! Vision 2000, muhle 89 and fatboy 1961 G4. just about to take delivery of a Late '50's' 'pristine' giromatic. To be honest don't know a lot about the the Giromatic. Assume it's similar to an English Rocket

Last edited:
Holy sanity check, Batman.

I thought I had been doing a good job keeping the totals down. Sold off over 200 mostly duplicates this winter, with just a few unique ones that I just didn't care for. Still around 450, still mostly duplicates, and still have some coming in - and burned out/lost motivation for selling the dupes.

Holy sanity check, Batman.

I thought I had been doing a good job keeping the totals down. Sold off over 200 mostly duplicates this winter, with just a few unique ones that I just didn't care for. Still around 450, still mostly duplicates, and still have some coming in - and burned out/lost motivation for selling the dupes.

:thumbup:

Top Bottom