What's new

Wood, leather, tobacco, smoke, black powder, old parchment, etc.

Etcetera here meaning that I think you get the common thread - fragrances that are bold, powerful, and traditionally thought of as "masculine." Fragrances that are on the heavy side and maybe even a little polarizing. I am looking for fragrances like this in a variety of products. Mainly EdTs, but also shaving soaps, beard oils/balms, and aftershaves.

I'm not rich, so around $100 - $125 is probably the top end for EdTs. Thanks! Go!

For top in class tobacco you should try Franck Boclet Tobacco which is well within you price. Another tobacco which is a little over your price is Phaedon Tabac Rouge. I own both and for me Tabac Rouge is my favorite, well worth the extra $$.

Something from Beaufort London maybe. Although, might be a bit over your budget.

Soap and splash, Phoenix & Beau Spitfire.

Wow, what an incredible brand! I just got completely sucked into their website. That Discovery Set is very tempting.

Wow, what an incredible brand! I just got completely sucked into their website. That Discovery Set is very tempting.

Discovery set would be my choice, it should last a while as they are pretty strong so little goes a long way. Also you get an idea of different scents. So if you find one that really hits you, you could invest in a full bottle.

But beware, scents are really polarizing and artsy so they will not be very crowd pleasing. But if you want a ride and enjoy...

here are a few candidates.
if you really, really want something strong, manly, stands out.
oh, by the way, forget cost limits!

manly scents.jpg

Rogue Perfumery - Tabac Vert
Etat Libre d'Orange - Jasmin et Cigarette
Parfums de Nicolaï - Cuir Cuba
Tom Ford - Ombre Leather
Santa Maria Novella - Spanish Leather

Razorock Puros. The soap and aftershave set. Fantastic tobacco scent, and the aftershave is strong and long lasting.

I also really enjoy Aramis Tobacco Reserve and Mr. BLASS by Bill Blass.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

D&G Pour Homme, very nice tobacco scent.
And of course Fahrenheit, burnt rubber and petrol, very manly 😎

I love Fahrenheit! Actually, maybe I just wanna pick up another bottle of that. Is it still easily found? It's been around for a while. And I just remembered Gucci Rush off the top of my head. I really liked that one, but it was definitely polarizing. If I remember correctly, it was like being whacked in the face with bat made of solid cedar.

Op, sounds like you’re seeking acqua di Parma Colonia oud. Smells like woody parchment paper, but works for all seasons. You can get a sample vial on eBay.

Anyone have Zoologist Rhinoceros?

proxy.php

I had a sample. I would say very masculine per the OPs list of desires. I cannot remember that much about it. I have a slight recollection that it seemed kind of rummy. Not inexpensive, but not super expensive for a scent. I am not sure whether it is polarizing.

I, like others, would think that Knize Ten would really fit the criteria set out by the OP, except I am not sure what it costs these days.

Mazzolari Lui is powerful and polarizing. Not cheap. Not leather.

SMN Spanish Leather is birch tar dominant. Very much a strong leather. I am not sure whether polarizing.

I forget what Fahrenheit smells like. My memory of its reputation is that it would fit the bill.

Gucci Rush certainly is cedar. I am not sure how polarizing it is. I suppose some might say that it smells like furniture or furniture polish and that is not what an edt should smell like. I really like it.

Kouros, or at least the vintage version, although it seems much more popular than I would have expected. Sometimes described as urinal cake notes. I like it, but I would have thought it polarizing.

Still taking notes, guys. Thanks for keeping this going! I have a birthday coming up and I'm going to add a few of these to the list.

Top Bottom