What's new

Double ring parade

IMG_1175.JPG
IMG_1179.JPG
This is my 1905 double ring serial number 253809. I posted it a couple of weeks ago on the short-lived Double Ring Show thread before it got unceremoniously shot down, so I thought I'd do a proper posting on this "Parade" thread.

1904 PAT APL'D FOR serial #2170 , I had purchased the box a couple of years ago on the off chance I'd find one of these razor , my patience has paid off. My understanding is that the serial numbers started in late-mid 1904 with the "Pat Apl'd For" razors . I think that there were around 22 thousand produced with this combination? pre Nov 1904. Corner teeth slightly bent ,plating looks fair to good .This is my second double ring which makes me doubly blessed .I paid $20 Canadian for my first one but more for this PAF, all in all pretty happy. This razor may be one of the first 60 thousand razors produced by Gillette?

dr1.JPG

dr.JPG

dr2.JPG

Glenn

1904 PAT APL'D FOR serial #2170 , I had purchased the box a couple of years ago on the off chance I'd find one of these razor , my patience has paid off. My understanding is that the serial numbers started in late-mid 1904 with the "Pat Apl'd For" razors . I think that there were around 22 thousand produced with this combination? pre Nov 1904. Corner teeth slightly bent ,plating looks fair to good .This is my second double ring which makes me doubly blessed .I paid $20 Canadian for my first one but more for this PAF, all in all pretty happy. This razor may be one of the first 60 thousand razors produced by Gillette?

View attachment 906536

View attachment 906537

View attachment 906538

Glenn

Congrats on your find! From what little I know, I believe your numbers are correct. I have a "Pat Apl'd For" also, mine is without the S/N. Like you, I came across the case first and bought it in hopes of finding the the razor someday. Then about 2 weeks later I stumbled upon one at an antique show.

Here is my double ring I found in the wild today. I went ahead and cleaned the innards of the case with compressed air and scotch tape. I also polished the razor since the tarnish was so thick it was coming off with soap and water and made it look uneven and dirtier. Ha. What was underneath was real nice. It came with some matchstrike blade cases so I grabbed my single ring blade cases for pictures. One final picture of the new DR pals.

Hi Brent. I recently picked up a couple of single rings that have that black tarnish on them. Yours came out really nice looking. Can you tell me what you used to clean it up?
Here is my double ring I found in the wild today. I went ahead and cleaned the innards of the case with compressed air and scotch tape. I also polished the razor since the tarnish was so thick it was coming off with soap and water and made it look uneven and dirtier. Ha. What was underneath was real nice. It came with some matchstrike blade cases so I grabbed my single ring blade cases for pictures. One final picture of the new DR pals.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz

View attachment 906536

View attachment 906537

View attachment 906538

Glenn
Stunning, Glenn. Congratulations!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hi Brent. I recently picked up a couple of single rings that have that black tarnish on them. Yours came out really nice looking. Can you tell me what you used to clean it up?

I used a series of steps. First was just the hot water and Dawn dish soap scrub. Second was the hot water, aluminum foil, and baking soda soak. A couple times. Then I used goddards silver polish. Didn’t go crazy with polishing. Just a light scrub with a soft bristle toothbrush. For stubborn remnants a light rub with some Maas polish to finish off. Then buff with microfiber. Shiny!

Congrats on your find! From what little I know, I believe your numbers are correct. I have a "Pat Apl'd For" also, mine is without the S/N. Like you, I came across the case first and bought it in hopes of finding the the razor someday. Then about 2 weeks later I stumbled upon one at an antique show.

The Pat Apd'l for with no serial # is something I'd like to find .Maybe if I buy another empty case I'll attract one ,you have to use the right bait

Glenn

Stunning, Glenn. Congratulations!

Thanks for your kind words, I think it's a looker too

Glenn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

View attachment 906536

View attachment 906537

View attachment 906538

Glenn

What a beauty. That's an oldie!

Hers's Mine!

It's got a broken tooth and the finish is worn, but she's mine!!
I'm confused on how to date her though.

It says "Pat NOV.15:04" on the handle, yet it's non serial numbered?
From my research, my first thought was that it's an early 1904??

thoughts?

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

R

romsitsa

Hello,

a few options without seeing the tube:
Gillette forgot to stamp a serial nr.
The inner tube was swapped for an early, no serial tube.
The inner tue was swapped for a later, no seral tube.
The handle was swapped for a later handle.

Adam

Top Bottom