What's new

Razor buy at local marketplace

Hi guys, I have been looking at these razors at my local marketplace. They quite cheap but anyway I wonder which model they are?

1D99B6EF-89DC-47E5-804C-54C97DE46A3F.jpeg

D3A207F5-A32C-4089-AC3F-77110625EAED.jpeg

R

romsitsa

Gillette LC New on common bar handle
Left to right:
Gillette ball end Tech, most likely aluminum
Gillette Super Slim twist
Have no clue, but looks promising
Gillette 60-70ies Tech, most likely aluminum
Gillette Slim twist sold under Rotbart name

Adam

The gold one is about 15$
It looks like the teeth are straight. I would buy it if I was there. Take it apart & soak it in hot water (not boiling) & Dawn for several hours then scrub it with a toothbrush. Repeat the soaking with Dawn & hot water for overnight. Scrub with a toothbrush again. Then the fun part, use it!

It looks like the teeth are straight. I would buy it if I was there. Take it apart & soak it in hot water (not boiling) & Dawn for several hours then scrub it with a toothbrush. Repeat the soaking with Dawn & hot water for overnight. Scrub with a toothbrush again. Then the fun part, use it!
I just got the gold one, any good ideas for getting a little rust off?
1624E609-D3A2-4541-8B7A-CB7CD2F6A51F.jpeg

R

romsitsa

Any polish will strip the gold plating. If you want to keep the gold intact, soak it in some dishwashing liquid for an hour, then scrub it with a toothbrush, rinse, enjoy.
If you want to shine it up, use any polishof your choice.
Congrats, nice razor in nice condition.

Adam

Score! You know, it almost looks as if the caps or handles on those two Techs should be swapped around. Hard to be sure just from the photos, though. The aluminum and die-cast parts should go together, and the plated brass parts should go together.

Gillette LC New on common bar handle
Left to right:
Gillette ball end Tech, most likely aluminum
Gillette Super Slim twist
Have no clue, but looks promising
Gillette 60-70ies Tech, most likely aluminum
Gillette Slim twist sold under Rotbart name

Adam
Don't sleep on the Slim Twist (second from left). I have one and have found it be a surprisingly good and nimble shaver. Aggression level is perfect for me; no too mild and not too harsh.

I, too, have no idea what the third from the left is, but I find it intriguing.

Score! You know, it almost looks as if the caps or handles on those two Techs should be swapped around. Hard to be sure just from the photos, though. The aluminum and die-cast parts should go together, and the plated brass parts should go together.
Haha I will move them around then 😂

Don't sleep on the Slim Twist (second from left). I have one and have found it be a surprisingly good and nimble shaver. Aggression level is perfect for me; no too mild and not too harsh.

I, too, have no idea what the third from the left is, but I find it intriguing.
Argh I looked and looked at them twist and they just look stupid...but now a little regred kicks in 🙈

Top Bottom