What's new

Scents that remind you of your first steps in the hobby

For me the scents of Palmolive stick, Cella, Speick Men and Proraso Blue remind me of my first shaves. These scents are irrelevant to each other. Palmolive is a fougere-type scent, Cella scent is almond/marzipan (I can't even smell it anymore), Speick has a peppery lavender scent and Proraso Blue is a liquorice/blue/oceanic scent.

Every time I use any of the above products (not Cella), my memory recalls my first attempts, the mistakes I did back then, my first efforts to create a great lather, the first nice and smooth shaves...

How about you? Which are these scents?

My first shaving scents were AoS sandalwood cream, VDH Scented Luxury, and Proraso Green. Not sure what VDH scent is, but I like it.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Gillette cream 50 years ago. Not a hobby then.

proxy.php

Maybe the peanut oil? :001_huh:

For me it's always going to be VDH glycerin. (I never remember what the actual name is).

My step dad bought me a set from them with that soap about 5 years ago. Whenever I smell it (rare these days as I can't find it anymore) I'm brought right back to the begining.

We are both simple and complex creatures

Proraso Red cream in the tube. When I first started I wanted something easy to lather and something that was relatively inexpensive.

I’ve used dozens of soaps since then but I always keep a tube of Ol’ Red around. Great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before the hobby (why I switched to boutique gear) = Gillette wild rain. Coincidentally, I bought bm waves reserve to relive those old days.

My gateway scent that changed everything = proraso green soap. It will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Besides Denim and Pino, all the other products are unknown to me! [emoji44]

That's what the Yugoslavian army and police shaved with the most, so it stuck with the generations. Prisoners would drink the Pitralon AS because it was made with 70-80% pure (not denaturated) alcohol. :bayrum2:

Top Bottom