What's new

Different Personna Blades

Those are US Personnas. I have used them quite alot.. Nice blade.. Very smooth but not super-sharp. IMO Derby Extra is a better blade..

well i've used US Personnas from Wal-Mart are these just different packaged ones? It seems that I've only seen US ones that were in the little dispenser but not the ones wrapped in paper.

I have some Personna blades that are paper wrapped but come in a small cardboard box instead of a dispenser. They are packed in red and labelled "Platinum", however, while these are wrapped in blue and labelled "Super"...perhaps a cheaper line?

Xert said:
I have some Personna blades that are paper wrapped but come in a small cardboard box instead of a dispenser. They are packed in red and labelled "Platinum", however, while these are wrapped in blue and labelled "Super"...perhaps a cheaper line?
I have these (red) 'Personna's' also. Used my first one ever this morning and the shave was great!! I usually use Derby extras, but these could be near the top of my list too.:wink2:

i've used the red ones before and i think they're pretty good. i like them better than the US ones, and they're pretty close to the ones made in israel, so they're good for standbyes.

Fresh from a shave with the 'Super' Personnas, which I believe are trade razors sold to barber shops. Nice shave, sharper than the Merkurs I was using before, cutting quite nicely, with little to no tugging. By contrast, when I take a Merkur over my chin area it's like hacking at nylon rope with a blunt axe. No irritation as yet. Nice blade, I got 100 for a little over twenty bucks on eBay. I'll try the Israeli ones next.

Nope, the Red Personnas have no indication of place of origin.

That's why there's all the hoopla over them, and suspicions about ebay sellers possibly mis-representing these as being IPs.

I own these, and real IPs, and they don't cut the same. The Red blade is a good shaver, but is horrible for shaving my neck. The IPs will shave my neck only the slightest pulling, while the Reds won't pull, but they also don't cut much either.

Top Bottom