What's new

The 2015 Badger & Blade Awards - Shaving Soap

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Great review on a favorite plant-based soap! I was convinced this was one of my best soaps (once I removed it from that silly tin) because I absolutely love the performance and scent of the Klassik. It does come in several scents, three for men and one woman's, but I've only tried the Klassik. The scent is billed as masculine, spicy with leather, and is truly a classic which matches their luxurious aftershave splash. Post-shave, I've had no complaints of any dry feeling regardless of season. The puck does last a long time, I've had mine for a couple years with on and off hard use and even at about $30 I will certainly be replacing it. It would be up in my No.1 spot if it weren't for some little Viennese soap pucks I simply love.

I am impressed with Klar Seifen every time I use it. Absolutely a top tier shaving soap. Love the masculine scent, which does have longevity. Easy to lather, creamy, slick and very protective. But yes, the tin is absurdly narrow. I transferred mine to old SCS wood bowl and have been using it for the last week. Stellar shave every time. Completely agree this is a grossly underrated product.

I came across it in a brick & mortar store today so I got to sample the scent - outstanding! Very masculine & complex. Maybe I'll add this to my wish list

Nice right up, I may add it to my restraint restock list. The purchase link takes me to Amazon where the price is $83.52!! I'll look for it elsewhere.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Klar Shaving soap. Maybe I'm missing something....but do a few people have such extreme reactions to the tin? True, triple-milled soaps like D.R. Harris and Martin De Candre use wood and glass containers...does the tin taint or discolor the soap? Why isn't metal a satisfactory container?

After the review, I had to try the Klar Shaving Soap. I bought the Klar Aftershave, bar soap and the tin of shaving soap in a very nice reusable wooden box for $54.95 delivered and no tax from Amazon.com where I am a Prime member.

Highly satisfied with the purchase.

Can't believe that some people are bothered by the tin.I have been using it in the tin for 6 months even with large brushes and it has always been fine.

Top Bottom