What's new

Womens Razors?

I think I already know the answer but Ill ask anyways.

Is there any special needs for A womens Safety Razor? I have just bought a Weishi and am waiting for the other supplies to come in and will be giving Wet Shaving a whirl. My wife has become intrigued and is looking for a not too expensive starter razor to try it out. Some google searching indicates that there are such things as Safety Razors designed for women but are they honestly that different from mens razors other than more feminine handles?

Thank You

Rayston

Yeah, the only actual real difference is that the handle tends to be longer.

Well, you will also see ones with and end-to-end curve, but those are specifically designed for underarm shaving, and obviously wouldn't really work on legs.

-Mo

The Gillette and Schick women's razors have longer handles than the men's versions.

These are the Schick (actually, Lady Eversharp) model K2, from the mid-1960s:

proxy.php

And yes, they are mine... saving them for my daughters, if they'd only come to their senses, and
stop waxing their legs! Uggh! how barbaric and painful!! The horror! The horror!!

I have all 3 GILLETTE ladies (stars) razors, a Lady Eversharp and a Knack. To be honest I use them as they are easier to grasp (got big hands). I have not noticed any difference in aggressiveness of the shave in any of them.

Although the colors of the Gillettes reminds me of my daughter's Lucky Charms cereal.

Anyone have pictures of the Gillette Ladys and/or the Knack? The Lady's Eversharps are Injector Razors correct?

Thank You

Rayston

the old Gillette ladyshaver have a shorter handle than the mens razors. Since 70s the Lady Gillette (blue, pink or champangne) are longer.

Top Bottom