What's new

New Sputnik Super Platinum

Got these from David (razorbladesandmore) yesterday. They are the New Sputniks Super Platinum Blades.

First impression is that they are very High Quality. The packaging is very nice. I shaved with one this morning, I used my Futur and some Speick Cream.

I felt the blade was very sharp, smooth, and forgiving. From what I understand, is that hes only got a limited amount at the moment. I'm glad I was able to get some.

I don't know how long they will last but my first shave was very nice. I will keep you posted. :thumbup:

I wonder if the old raunchy soviet style wrapper sputniks are still in production ? I really like them....they did a good job on the new packaging,I can't wait to try these...

Is it wrong that i want them just because I'm Russian and they say "Sputnik" ???

God i am such a marketing manager's dream.

Decided to go with the EJ89L today. Simply swapped the blade. As many of you know the EJ is kinda mild. you have to pair it up with a sharp blade to get good results.

I would definitely say they make a very good combo. I always go for BBS. anything else will not do.

BBS must always be accomplished with very little or no irritation, no weepers and as few passes as possible. This blade will do that. Finished up with
Alum Block, Menthol boosted Skin Bracer. Perfect!

Last edited:
I kinda prefer the old wrapper, but I didn't find the blades to be anything worth writing about. Maybe these will be the new Iridiums.

3rd shave Still holding up. No signs of rust. I think I can easily get 2 more shaves from this blade.

They do state that they are "NEW" only the manufacturer would be able to tell you if they just swapped the packaging.

These are Platinum coated not the Teflon ones

The same thought went thru my mind, what is left of it anyway.
John
Is it wrong that I want them just because I'm Russian and they say "Sputnik" ???

I think the first picture is my favorite Sputnik wrapper...

Attachments

• $sp5.jpg
    $sp5.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 78
  • $sp.jpg
    $sp.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 77
  • $sp3.jpg
    $sp3.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 74
  • $sp2.jpg
    $sp2.jpg