What's new

Zirh Body Bar is back.YES

I got hooked years ago on the Zirh BodyBar. An alpha hydroxy cleansing soap bar. My all time favorite shower soap.
as one who takes grooming seriously, it was an important part of my day.

As as any other Zirh fan knows, the company has been is disarray for awhile.
It was sold to AOS. Repurchased by the original owner and sold again to P&G. There were rumors of P&G
turning it into a drug store brand. That didn't sound good to me.

Today, visiting Bloomingdales, I saw that the Body Bar is back and I am in heaven. Turns out the original owner has again repurchased the company...this time from P&G.

For a time, I sought out the Body Bar via Amazon vendors who had a few in stock. Then it dried up and I saw people selling it for $45 per bar. I am perhaps borderline OCD, but not enough to cough up $45 for a bar of soap.

I never found a soap that made feel that good.

Sweaty and right off the treadmill, I prepare now to use a Zirh Body Bar for the first time in 2-3 years.

YES!

So, how was it?

Awesome, thanks for asking. This turned out to be a "who gives a crap" post, but that soap and their facial cleanser called Clean are two of my all time favorite grooming products.

I was was elated to see it back after a long absence.

Sounds interesting, but I can't imagine it being good or long lasting enough to make me think it was worth the $15/bar price I see online.

I have been following the thread and waiting for some responses.

How much is the new bar at Bloomies?

-J

It's $15 ... I have seen it online for $12.

The Body Bar is basically a shower soap variation of their alpha hydroxy face cleanser called Clean.

It has light, fresh smell. I don't use it every single day. But I believe it has more a deep cleaning action than average soap.

i suppose I am borderline nutty with my soaps. A little luxury I can afford.

Last edited:
I always felt the Zirh Body Bar smelled like cheap laundry detergent. But that's just me. It also left a film on my skin if I remember correctly. I liked their Vitamin Body Bar quite a bit more. Both are $15 per bar on the Zirh website. The Vitamin version had a great scent, too. I've since moved on to quality body washes.

http://www.zirh.com/product.aspx?f=176

Top Bottom