What's new

Your whiskey sour recipe

I've recently started making whiskey sours with a recipe I got on the food network websites

Drink:

1 and 1/2 oz of whiskey
4 oz of sour mix

Sour mix:

1oz lemon juice
1tbsp sugar
2oz water

I was just curious what everyone else's mix is.

I think this is probably sweeter than most. Almost like lemonade with a little whiskey

• 1 1/2 ounces whiskey
  • 1 1/2 ounces fresh lemon juice
  • 3/4 ounce simple syrup
  • Egg white
Mix in a shaker, and then strain into a glass.

2 oz. Whiskey
1 oz. Simple Syrup
3/4 oz. Lemon Juice
1 Egg White

Dry shake everything, then add ice and give a second shake. Strain into an iced glass.

1 1/2 oz bourbon
1 oz fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz simple syrup
Egg white is optional, so I just skip it.

Simple syrup: equal volumes of water and sugar. Heat slowly, stirring frequently until disolved, cool before using. Simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks. I have found that adding about an ounce of vodka to a pint of simple syrup acts as a preservative without changing the taste of my drinks.

Cheers.

I only make whiskey sours once or twice a year but when I do is is as follows:
2 parts whiskey
1 part fresh lemon juice
1/2 part simple syrup
shaken & strained
on ice in a rocks glass
The ratio of whiskey to lemon/simple syrup is flexible. The ratio of lemon juice to simple syrup is not.

2 oz. Whiskey
1 oz. Simple Syrup
3/4 oz. Lemon Juice
1 Egg White

Dry shake everything, then add ice and give a second shake. Strain into an iced glass.

+1 on the recipe but I skip the egg white. Sometimes I build the drink in the glass and just stir. I am going to try the egg white one day. I am not averse to it I just haven't done it. Cheers!

+1 on the recipe but I skip the egg white. Sometimes I build the drink in the glass and just stir. I am going to try the egg white one day. I am not averse to it I just haven't done it. Cheers!
It doesn't change the flavor at all, it only adds the froth. When you try it make sure that you give all of the ingredients a "dry shake," THEN add your ice to the shaker and shake away!! Enjoy!!

I have seen some recipes on the net that call ~tsp of powdered egg white. Have been unsuccessful finding that locally but might mail order at some point to try it.

This is what my step father use to do; Frozen Minutemade Lemonade (not sure they even make it any more) that came in a little can, and then there was a bigger size. It was one part concentrate and 3 parts water. So my dad would mix 2 cans beer and one whiskey. Then blend it in a blender. I present this for your amusement; not sure I would really recommend this. :)

[EDIT - might have been 2 cans whiskey and one beer - not sure]

Top Bottom