What's new

Your thoughts on Deodorant sprays? Suggestions for ones to try?

I bought a bottle of Guerlain Vetiver Deodorant Spray. I love that scent! I should own I love Vetiver...especially Guerlain. So far, it seems an effective deodorant as well.

Your thoughts on men's spray deodorants...and which ones do you like, if any?

Alum block.

Either the rock itself, or the "Crystal" roll-on. Same stuff... potassium alum. The roll-on is suspended in water with some cellulose.
It's not an antiperspirant, it is a deodorant, and a damned good one. No gimmicks, no scents to clash with your AS/Cologne, no white marks on your black t-shirt, no breaking out from clogged pores.

Sorry, don't use sprays. I can vouch for the alum crystal for an effective unscented deodorant which lets your AS or cologne wear unaffected.

I use this everyday. It's a natural spray made by Crystal. It works great for me. I don't see the need for me to look any further. I've tried the Nancy Boy too. Though, it smelled nice it did not really perform well as a deodorant.
$CrystalRockSprayLG.jpg

I've tried a few and to be honest sweated straight through them. Not practical for me at least.

Deodorants are not antiperspirants.
Antiperspirants work by plugging your pores, and absorbing sweat.
Deodorants work by killing bacteria and creating an environment that is hostile to the growth of bacteria that causes BO.

You can sweat like a pig and still not stink if your body is devoid of odor-causing bacteria.

Use alum blocks. No scent, no B.O, no pit stains, and they last forever and a half. Only complaint? You still sweat, so wear an undershirt or use a talc or Goldbond.

Deodorants are not antiperspirants.
Antiperspirants work by plugging your pores, and absorbing sweat.
Deodorants work by killing bacteria and creating an environment that is hostile to the growth of bacteria that causes BO.

You can sweat like a pig and still not stink if your body is devoid of odor-causing bacteria.
Agreed. I should amend my previous statement to say I sweated through them and I stank.

Thanks for the replies. What I get from this thread is not many guys use sprays. I keep hearing about using Alum...so I think I need to experiment with this option and see if it works for me.

I recently purchased Razorock deodorant spray. So far so good, but I haven't worked up a good sweat while wearing it.

TriSlim

I use the Crystal Body Deodorant Stick (see attached image).

Like others have already said; it's unscented so it can't interfere with your aftershave/cologne, it helps kill bacteria so when you do sweat you don't wreak but instead let off your own natural pheromone laden essence and it saves on money because one stick practically lasts forever.

Attachments

• $crystal_deodorant.jpg
    $crystal_deodorant.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 93
I aways use Axe or I borrow one off the cheap sprays my parents buy from the supermarket. But girls they love the smell of Axe, so I always buy it when they have 50% discount.

Yes, I suppose girls love the smell of AXE, but it's women that enjoy a man who actually uses a deodorant. I... I just don't know where to start. The stuff is basically alcohol, butane, and fragrance. No deodorant that I know of. The cheesy commercials and tag lines that "women will be unable to resist you" is hogwash (d'uh) and insulting. The stuff reeks of synthetics.

Trust me. You're better off getting a stick of Degree, Right Guard, Old Spice, ANYTHING but that vile spray. Not trying to be rude, but implying wisdom from myself using it in the past when I was a teenager. Never got any compliments nor thumbs up's from the buddies, and at the end of the day, I didn't smell bad, but I didn't smell good.

Nancy Boy didnt do anything for me except smell good after application. It doesnt prevent odor. I found that I have to switch deodorants about every 3 months. Even the alum stops working for me. I usually flip flop between alum and one of the Old Spice High Endurance deo's. They all work well for me. Even though I really dig the original alcohol stick version. It just works and smells great.

Top Bottom