What's new

Your Shaving Fears

My main fears are that my favourite blades will go out of production or that I might drop one of my open comb razors on the bathroom floor and damage it.

My Slanthammer still scares me - it has bitten every time I've tried to tame it but I swear I will someday.

Like others the prospect of not being able to carry on enjoying something which was a tedious task for about a decade of my life, once it stopped being an adolescent novelty, concerns me. It might be a few decades off but it will be a sad day when either the DE supplies run out or I have some infirmity preventing me from wielding the razor. My stash is such I could well still have some of if left to use even then!

Personally I'm scared of clowns and the only thing more that that is a clown shaving me with a straight and no lather.

Actually Psalm 111...."the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom"....that's what I fear more than anything else.

I'm afraid that my need to experiment with new creams and blades and brushes will somehow involve me shaving my cat after I run out of places on my to shave. That won't end well for either of us.

I'm afraid that my need to experiment with new creams and blades and brushes will somehow involve me shaving my cat after I run out of places on my to shave. That won't end well for either of us.

ha ha...I would pay to see that....mainly cuz I hate cats...actually that's not true....I like cats as long as it's with some hot sauce.

I fear that even a minor earthquake will cause my stocks of shaving goodies to come crashing down upon me, pinning me helplessly beneath a pile of Trumper and TOBS, Superspeeds and Slims, Bengalls and Bokers - where I will lie, unaided, my cries for help muffled into obscurity by Badger and Boar hair until I succumb to starvation.

Rescue workers will find my dehydrated but pleasantly scented corpse - poisoned when I drank the Aqua Velva and Vegetal as a result of being driven to insanity by thirst.

The final indignity will be that some unknowing and uncaring mouth breathing cartridge user will toss my carefully accumulated collection into a dumpster after being hired to clear the house.

I weep.

:lol:...too funny :thumbup1:

I fear a few things. First I fear that my wife will notice that I've been a developing a case of SCAD. There is a tub of TOBS "waiting" in the garage at the moment. Since I'm a newbie, I also fear that I will relapse and start using a Mach 3 again out of convenience or habit. I hope not because since I started wet shaving my days have started out much better. I also feat that I will go broke doing this when my intention for starting was to save money.:blushing:

It use to be shaving my head with a DE... then I tried that and it was actually pretty easy. Now it's shaving my head with a Feather Artist club straight.

I have, what I assume, is a typical fear.

I feel as though every time I discover a new and enjoyable product, that particular company will discontinue it, by virtue of the fact that I have discovered it; And whats worse, it has happened on many an occasion.

For instance:

Ben & Jerry's Black and Tan Ice Cream, gone. :mad2: Why God!? Why!!!!?

American Crew Classic Shaving Cream in a tub. Better than the stuff in the tube. I've since found other loves but, it still disturbs me.

Alopecia Areata

This is actually something that I suffer from and it is why I started shaving my head. I can't say it is all bad as I discovered Badger and Blade in my search for information on headshaving due to the hair loss and got turned onto DE shaving for my face which was something that always gave me problems/irritation when using cartridges.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have, what I assume, is a typical fear.

I feel as though every time I discover a new and enjoyable product, that particular company will discontinue it, by virtue of the fact that I have discovered it; And whats worse, it has happened on many an occasion.

For instance:

Ben & Jerry's Black and Tan Ice Cream, gone. :mad2: Why God!? Why!!!!?

American Crew Classic Shaving Cream in a tub. Better than the stuff in the tube. I've since found other loves but, it still disturbs me.

I can tell already that you have not been chosen by the Veg.
Leave it alone please. :scared:

Top Bottom