What's new

Your first straight

I know a lot of you have multiple blades, but I want to talk about the first blade you all have. Did you keep it? Do you still use it?

I got rid of mine. Too many bad memories. :tongue_sm

Still got it, with my limited experience I think it is a good shaver, so I can't see no reason to get rid of it. Even if I with time will find better razors and the Stabil would go out of rotation I guess I will still keep it, after all it was my first straight.

I bought two from Larry, sold one to my nephew and kept one. I still use it as much as any other I have.

Yes, I still have it. It's a Nesset wedge. It's between 5/8 and 11/16. I bought it from Gugi. It still put a smile on my face everytime I use it.

Mine is a Filarmonica Doble Temple 13. I'll always have it even if I stopped straight shaving for some reason.

Fairly new to straight's, about a year in,I now have 3 user's and one in the wings for a restore.
I will be shaving with my first one tonight.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I still have mine. It can use a new set of scales. Althought it doesn't see much use, it can still deliver a prettygood shave.

I still have mine and will not get rid of it (despite the memories of carnage). It is a 5/8 half hollow carbon steel henckels. I have replace the original scales with Bubinga. It is a very good shaver.

I've still got mine, a sexy little Swedish number by C.R.U. Gjutstäl, Esliktuna, done up in super-duper, high-tech, ultra-modern, carbon-fibre scales. As sexy as it looks, I've yet to enjoy a shave with it. I'd had it honed professionally on Shapton 30K, which just didn't seem to agree with my skin, and as far as honing it on my own, of all my razors, this one has proven to be one of the trickiest. It's slated for one of the next few shaves, so I'll see if I've managed to get it into shape, though I have a suspicion that the bevel angle might be a little out.

Legion

Staff member
My first razor was a Case Red Imp that I bought restored off ebay. You know what? I still have never used it! :w00t: When I got it I was too scared and then, when I finally manned up a bit and decided to learn how, I got a Sheffield razor with a round toe, a B. Worth I think, off Luc and I learned to shave with that.

I still have the Case somewhere... I should really hunt it out. :blush:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Have mine. Bought it from a B&B brother. (Thanks again!)
Used it the day before yesterday.

Last edited:
My first straight was a Geneva Cutlery that I bought from Larry last February. I had it up to about a month ago until I was looking at Larry's site and saw one I liked better so I did his trade in deal.

my first straight, also my first restore. I still love this little 4/8 invicita

proxy.php

Top Bottom