• Yardley of London

• L'Amande

• Nesti Dante

• Valobra

• L'Occitane en Provence

• La Compagnie de Provence skin

• Roger & Gallet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which is the best European Soap? The following are private label brands made by French and Portuguese OEM's and not available in Europe:

Luxo Banho
Mistral
L'Epi de Provence
Pré de Provence
Belle de Provence
South of France
Bisous de Provence
La Belle Vie
Pure Provence
Savon et Cie

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My vote goes to Valobra. I have to honour Virgilio Valobra, who was the greatest Italian Master soap manufacturer ever. His soaps are among the finest available anywhere, made with the purest natural ingredients and worked with century-old formulas handed down through generations. Valobra's soaps are true masterpieces of quality and performance.

Which is the best European Soap? The following are private label brands made by French and Portuguese OEM's and not available in Europe:

Luxo Banho
Mistral
L'Epi de Provence
Pré de Provence
Belle de Provence
South of France
Bisous de Provence
La Belle Vie
Pure Provence
Savon et Cie

ii've only tried one of those brands and that is south of france, so I'll go with this one.

They are not included in the poll above, we'll put you down as a L'Occitane en Provence or a La Compagnie de Provence then :tongue_sm

They are not included in the poll above, we'll put you down as a L'Occitane en Provence or a La Compagnie de Provence then :tongue_sm

sabre, how is the lather on those Pré de Provence soaps? i believe they are quad milled and you said you went through 2 of them in 2 weeks. :w00t: i would think a 8 oz quad milled soap would last a lot longer than 2 weeks. :blushing:

I have tried only few brands but Nesti Dante soaps are top notch for me. Very affordable, gentle on skin a I managed to find a scent which suits me. So my vote goes for them.

sabre, how is the lather on those Pré de Provence soaps? i believe they are quad milled and you said you went through 2 of them in 2 weeks. :w00t: i would think a 8 oz quad milled soap would last a lot longer than 2 weeks. :blushing:

Unfortunately Pré de Provence is not available here in Europe, I have lots of soaps (Portuguese, French, British and Italian) and prefer Provence soaps, however I pick up soaps as I travel and will grab anything that catches my eye. La Compagnie des Détergents et du Savon de Marseille and Speick Melos are great inexpensive vegetable soaps.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Pré de Provence is not available here in Europe, I have lots of soaps (Portuguese, French, British and Italian) and prefer Provence soaps, however I pick up soaps as I travel and will grab anything that catches my eye. La Compagnie des Détergents et du Savon de Marseille and Speick Melos are great inexpensive vegetable soaps.

i get a bit jealous looking at all of those soaps you have.:001_tt1:

i get a bit jealous looking at all of those soaps you have.:001_tt1:

sabre, i bought south of france shea butter soap today. have you used this brand of soap before? do you have any thoughts on it? i took your advice and bought a french milled soap with other moisturizing ingridients such as shea butter,:thumbup:

Jon, Most of the French Triple Milled soaps that are available in the US are not available in Europe as they are made in 3 to 4 factories for American companies.

In The Netherlands I am restricted to:

L'Occitane en Provence
La Compagnie de Provence
La Compagnie des Détergents et du Savon de Marseille
Savonnerie Artisanale de Provence/Le Maison du Savon de Marseille
Le Couvent des Minimes (owned by L'Occitane en Provence)

Jon, Most of the French Triple Milled soaps that are available in the US are not available in Europe as they are made in 3 to 4 factories for American companies.

In The Netherlands I am restricted to:

L'Occitane en Provence
La Compagnie de Provence
La Compagnie des Détergents et du Savon de Marseille
Savonnerie Artisanale de Provence/Le Maison du Savon de Marseille
Le Couvent des Minimes (owned by L'Occitane en Provence)

You can buy South of France at iherb.com

Oh man, anything that can beat Dante Nesti's Cipresso soap HAS to be tried. Finest soap on the planet in my opinion, so much so that I am almost afraid to try something that could beat it.

My favorite would be Valobra Shave Stick. :thumbup:

I think the best would require all listed to have been tried and unfortunately, I have not tried them all.

Kudos to those that have! :thumbup:

My favorite would be Valobra Shave Stick. :thumbup:

I think the best would require all listed to have been tried and unfortunately, I have not tried them all.

Kudos to those that have! :thumbup:

This is for Skin and Body care, it would be a waste of a shaving soap...

I have to agree that Nesti Dante is the best I've tried so far. It performs and smells fantastic. I also like how the business started from a small scale entrepreneur and hasn't changed much since.