What's new

Your favorite (non-sticky) moisturizer?

My usual post shave routine includes an aftershave splash (e.g., Speik, Harris Arlington) followed by a moisturizer. Sometimes I'll thrown in an aftershave balm in between. I've noticed that a lot of balms and moisturizers have a sticky quality which makes my face feel tighter, almost like wearing a mask! :thumbdown

So I'm looking for a good moisturizer that's not sticky. Suggestions appreciated!

John

I don't find Cetaphil to be sticky at all nor does it dry out your face or make it feel tight. In my experience it does what it's supposed to do... moisturize. Put on too much and you'll know it as you'll be shiny, almost oil like, however it doesn't clog pores. You don't need much, a pea size or pea and 1/2 a pea will be plenty.

Cetaphil facial cleanser and moisturizer are my benchmarks by which I measure all other products against.

After the balm or AS Splash, I always use Nivea Revitalizing Q10 moisturizer. Before long Nivea will have to start giving me royalties - this has to be the 100th time I've mentioned it, but it's the best moisturizer I've ever used.

Ben,

I have the Nivea Revitalizing Double Action Balm. Not sure if that's the same thing but it is a good product.

John

I don't find Cetaphil to be sticky at all nor does it dry out your face or make it feel tight. In my experience it does what it's supposed to do... moisturize. Put on too much and you'll know it as you'll be shiny, almost oil like, however it doesn't clog pores. You don't need much, a pea size or pea and 1/2 a pea will be plenty.

Cetaphil facial cleanser and moisturizer are my benchmarks by which I measure all other products against.

cosign

I've really been enjoying jagger's sea buckthorn balm for the past few weeks. It's not sticky at all, and the fragrance is great.

I really like Clinique M-lotion and their M-gel lotion. Neither is greasy nor do they make my face sticky or tight. It is a little pricy but a tube lasts me almost a whole year.

Na-PCA. I really need something more than a splash in the winter. This works really well for me. It sprays on like water and is not scented.

Top Bottom