What's new

Your best and your daily straight shaver

What straight is your current best shaver (not could be)?
Do you miss anything with this razor at all?
Picture would be nice…

What is your current daily straight razor and what do you like or dislike with it?
Picture would be nice…

For me the best shaving razor can change fast as I am honing and testing new techniques for the moment. And seem to have some success with some razors. But this two I guess is the best and a go to that equals in performance. The later I wish I had spent some time to re-pin and remove rust in the pivot area to make it open smother. Did not know it would turn out to be a great shaver.

$IMG_3001[1].jpg

With a fair sized collection that is a question isn't it! The truth is I like them all!

One of the smoothest is a W&B Celebrated...

My best shaving American made razor is a Red Imp 133...

The one that makes my heart go pitter pat ( and shaves like a dream) is a shoulderless CVH No.16 that I've dubbed 'The Queen"

Believe it or not I could go through my whole collection like this! =)

My best shaver and favorite razor is this old "Bangall"
$SAM_0247_zps4e899fab.jpg
My "best" razor? That's a harder question. Probably this one:
$P1060509_zpsc72b8280.jpg

Consistently my best shaves are with a Kikuboshi 6800 -- it almost always delivers above average shaves. (First pic.)

My "best" razor is also my daily user and that's a Ralf Aust 7/8 French Point. Best here is "most expensive", but it too delivers consistently above average shaves. I use it daily because it combines excellent shaves with a degree of visual luxury that I enjoy. (Second pic.)

Attachments

• $Kikuboshi 6800 rescale - sm.jpg
    $Kikuboshi 6800 rescale - sm.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 56
  • $Ralf Aust B sm.jpg
    $Ralf Aust B sm.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 59
@jlindy, feel free to show more razors and comment. I was just curious about the razors serving as work horses.
Looking at the W&B turns me into shaving mood for some reason.
It is fun to see an American razor, have to learn about them.

@Lmarkow,even if this thread aren´t about scales I have to says that was an amazing design and the translucent match the shiny blade.
Also looking at the Bengall turns me into shaving mood.

I lovesee your razors and read your comments.

There are so many different brands made in so many countries during a long time period and it seems also the old can be turned into great shavers if they survived the time.

Last edited:
@jlindy, feel free to show more razors and comment. I was just curious about the razors serving as work horses.
Looking at the W&B turns me into shaving mood for some reason.
It is fun to see an American razor, have to learn about them.

@Lmarkow,even if this thread aren´t about scales I have to says that was an amazing design and the translucent match the shiny blade.
Also looking at the Bengall turns me into shaving mood.

I lovesee your razors and read your comments.

There are so many different brands made in so many countries during a long time period and it seems also the old can be turned into great shavers if they survived the time.

You may have opened a flood gate now! :lol: You want to see scales!? Ask Lmarkow about the virtues of tortoise!
I also like contrasts, this MK30 is one of my smallest blades...

My biggest blade is this Henckels Friodur17 1/2. It's 7/8 width isn't unusual, but a length of just over 3" makes the blade monster huge!

Oh, I have more... =)

Top Bottom