What's new

You lucky person you.

DaleJr

If you're using ebay.ca you won't see USA-only (or UK-only, Germany-only, etc) listings. You need to be on ebay.com AND not have your location set as Canada. You will then see many many more listings. If I see an auction I'm interested in, I send a message asking for the okay to bid. Over 90% of the time, the seller is fine with shipping to Canada.

In this case, although it would be poor etiquette, it might be worthwhile to buy first, ask permission later.

Derek

+1 to this. This is what I do. Being in Singapore, my options are severely limited so I'm forced to look out for good deals in multiple country ebay sites . I always ask the seller if it is ok to bid before I place my bid and most of the times, sellers are fine to ship overseas. Sometimes the cost of shipping is high but it may still be worth the while if the razor I'm interested in is rare or NOS; like the rare and NOS 1924 Olympic special that I purchased from ebay France and got it shipped to Singapore even though the shipping cost was a bit high.

Today the Toggle Arrived :thumbup: date code F4. It seems in fair condition, most of the plate loss on the toggle and some on the safety bars and tto doors but cant complain. Ive never been a fan of adjustable razors, maybe the toggle will change my mind. The issue Ive had with adjustables is the blade gap is often slightly off from side to side as is this razor. Generally it is a VERY small deviation (some may not even notice) and I have fixed this on other razors, I just dont like beating on razors with a hammer. Im not really sure it is even necessary as the deviation is nearly insignificant but I tend to be a perfectionist. Anyways I will be giving this a test drive tomorrow, perhaps I will be a convert to adjustable razors?

$100_2208.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom