What's new

Yet another Paua scaled razor...

Dovo #41 stainless blade.

Maple & Paua scales.:w00t:

And a tip of the hat to Brand X and Philadelph for leading the way...:thumbup1:

You guys are killing me! I love the look of these Paua Scales. Now both my B&B Le Grelot and my Dovo #41 Inox are feeling neglected and are calling for me to arrange a makeover.

This is an interesting idea to put a thin sheet of Paua laminate over wood. It gives a nice effect.

Interesting work! I wonder how that would look with Ebony for contrast!

Yeah, I was going to go dark for contrast (perhaps my next one, as I have some dark wenge sitting here too......:rolleyes:), but I already had this set of maple sclaes that had been sitting around forever. They were all cut to shape, they just needed to be beveled, so I threw the Paua on there real quick.

Looks very nice

I cant help to think that it would look better if the bottom was rounded

Nick must be blind :wink:

Seraphim those scales are unique and awesome. The lines are a tad soft - but if you keep this up, you'll be amazing. Nice creativity.

I think I'm the only one (who's posting a reply anyway) that doesn't appreciate the mother-of-pearl look on a razor handle...

Looks like very good craftsmanship, but I can't condone the style -- it looks like something my grandmother would have in her purse (in appearance not in function).

I think I'm the only one (who's posting a reply anyway) that doesn't appreciate the mother-of-pearl look on a razor handle...

Looks like very good craftsmanship, but I can't condone the style -- it looks like something my grandmother would have in her purse (in appearance not in function).

George S. Patton may have agreed with you, if the way he felt about pistols applies also to razors:

"Only a pimp in a New Orleans whorehouse or a tin-horn gambler would carry a pearl-handled pistol."

:tongue:

It looks nice, but as its has been said before, the white isnt my thing. I would like to see it with Ebony as well.:001_smile

Nick must be blind :wink:

Seraphim those scales are unique and awesome. The lines are a tad soft - but if you keep this up, you'll be amazing. Nice creativity.

Sorry bud not blind .My opinion is it would look better if it was rounded off.

as always YMMV and all that jazz .

Very nice.
Would it have worked to have the pins set beneath the paua, and have it attached on top? Dont get me wrong, I think it looks brilliant, but I cant help but think that the pins spoil the look of that lovely chunk of paua.

Very nice.
Would it have worked to have the pins set beneath the paua, and have it attached on top? Dont get me wrong, I think it looks brilliant, but I cant help but think that the pins spoil the look of that lovely chunk of paua.

Good idea.

However, that would mean that I'd have to work on the scales with the razor already in there. All the CA and sanding, etc that goes on when making a set of scales would surely mar the blade.:frown:

Sorry bud not blind .My opinion is it would look better if it was rounded off.

as always YMMV and all that jazz .

OK, so I rounded the scales off and installed a different razor....since the Dovo #41 went into a set of new Paua scales...

I have to say that I do indeed like the rounded end a bit better. It flows a bit more.

Top Bottom