What's new

World Cup Fun Pool(Football/Soccer)

A bit too late, but Argentina beat Germany 4-2 in a friendly yesterday. Di maria scored 4 goals. They didn't have Messi playing.

Too bad Di Maria couldn't play in the WC final.

Honestly I don't think he would've had that big of an impact. Germany came full force, albeit flawed. Germany told the media back in 2011, the next cup was theirs. They were hungry going in and they weren't going to lose. They also rested a bit during the USMNT match, IMO.

They didn't fare well in the World Cup, all things considered. I noted something weird about them. When they had majority possession they barely won. When they had minimal possession, they won by at least 3.

They didn't fare well in the World Cup, all things considered. I noted something weird about them. When they had majority possession they barely won. When they had minimal possession, they won by at least 3.

They took 3rd place, and did not lose a single match (they went out on penalty kicks) ... what did the US team do again? :tongue_sm

I'm not saying the US was better. For that matter the USA took 3rd once! They just weren't up to their 2010 selves. They beat Spain 5-1, sure but barely managed to squeeze by Australia and took a while against Chile who gave them a MAJOR run for their money. And this is not to mention the Costa Rica disaster of a match.

Oh yeah. Did the "impossible" and got out of the group stage with Germany and Portugal. And held Belgium until extra time.

Top Bottom