What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
You are lucky. My WR2 1.25SB order was confirmed with Tara on December 3rd, invoice paid on the 7th, and it’s still in Canada as of yesterday. Mind if I ask what your location is?

Same here.....I'm in Nevada.

Been lots of news on how slow the postal services have been.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I’m going to see if I can spring for UPS delivery when my name comes up.
Why didn’t I think of that??
1609002289653.gif

Yes, I’ve tried a couple of variations (.86 SB, .94 OC). I prefer the way the WR2 shaves, because I’m a very steep shaver and the WR2 excels as a steep shaver.
Interesting. I agree that the WR2 works well with a steep angle but I've never developed the technique of keeping the handle close to my face when shaving ATG South to North and am struggling with doing it. I'm two shaves in with a Rocca which seems to favor more of the cap side of the angle which I find easier. If the WR1 is more like the Rocca, then I do think that will be my choice when my name comes up again. Thanks for the thoughts.

Gents,

The razor is beautiful, as mentioned. Pieces fit together very nicely and basic polish is equally beautiful with only light brushing markings on the top cap noticeable (in direct light). I suspect with mirror finish, these are completely removed. Basic polish is already too much for my OCD. The blade does leave very tiny scratches in underneath corners of top cap (adjacent to posts) where it clamps down. Maybe machined/matte would have been better for me. [emoji4]

Shaved with the 1.25 yesterday (two day growth). WRH2 80 mm Solid. WTG, XTG and ATG.

Very smooth and efficient. Remarkable. Razor is short but feels great in hand, despite my long fingers, large hands. Nice balance and weight. There’s a tendency to move too quickly given how smooth the glide is. Easy to forget it is an aggressive razor. I can see how ignoring this can cause irritation in my neck area.

Can’t really find anything to be critical about. Really. Not as audible as my BB but also not as aggressive but equally efficient. Remarkable.

I will need a few more shaves to see what’s missing but so far, nothing. Beautiful razor, handles well, smooth and efficient. If there’s something missing, haven’t found it.

Big thanks to Hannah’s Dad for the 1.25 recommendation.

DW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Gents,

The razor is beautiful, as mentioned. Pieces fit together very nicely and basic polish is equally beautiful with only light brushing markings on the top cap noticeable (in direct light). I suspect with mirror finish, these are completely removed. Basic polish is already too much for my OCD. The blade does leave very tiny scratches in underneath corners of top cap (adjacent to posts) where it clamps down. Maybe machined/matte would have been better for me. [emoji4]

Shaved with the 1.25 yesterday (two day growth). WRH2 80 mm Solid. WTG, XTG and ATG.

Very smooth and efficient. Remarkable. Razor is short but feels great in hand, despite my long fingers, large hands. Nice balance and weight. There’s a tendency to move too quickly given how smooth the glide is. Easy to forget it is an aggressive razor. I can see how ignoring this can cause irritation in my neck area.

Can’t really find anything to be critical about. Really. Not as audible as my BB but also not as aggressive but equally efficient. Remarkable.

I will need a few more shaves to see what’s missing but so far, nothing. Beautiful razor, handles well, smooth and efficient. If there’s something missing, haven’t found it.

Big thanks to Hannah’s Dad for the 1.25 recommendation.

DW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! Load it with a Feather, ride it very steep (handle almost parallel to face) and you’re in for a real treat!

Don’t choose UPS unless you are clear on their Customs charges. Otherwise, you may get a nasty surprise. I refuse to buy anything from an international seller unless it’s going in the Post.
Are you in the US? If yes then the tax free limit is $800 so anything below that can't be hit with customs. Above that it's hit or miss, sometimes they let it go and sometimes you pay customs so using regular post is safer.

By the way this thread reminded me to look, my WR1 shipped a week ago. Will see when it gets here. Like posted above, wait was 7 months.

Are you in the US? If yes then the tax free limit is $800 so anything below that can't be hit with customs. Above that it's hit or miss, sometimes they let it go and sometimes you pay customs so using regular post is safer.

By the way this thread reminded me to look, my WR1 shipped a week ago. Will see when it gets here. Like posted above, wait was 7 months.
I look forward to your comments on the WR1. My experience with UPS is that they not only collect GST and PST, but also a brokerage handling fee as well. But, like you say, if you live somewhere that is tax free on goods, then there would be nothing to collect except their brokerage fee. I also always use Canada Post and USPS when available. I really don't care how long it takes.

Top Bottom