What's new

With-- or Without Oil ?

Hello, Gentlemen ! I 'am a Novice- to the ' world' of Hair Lotions... : recently, I ordered 2 " D-r Harris " Hair Lotions - WITHOUT Oil- from " the Traditional Shaving Co." of Leeds, U K ;
I got my 2 Lotions- yesterday , and :

1). " Lerinia "--- contains Bergamot OIL, Lemon Peel OIL , and Orange Peel Oil ;

2) " Bay Rum "--contains Hydrogenated Castor Oil.

When placing my order,- I Specifically Indicated : NO (!) Oil !

So, my question : is it Possible, that even the NO - oil versions--- do contain some Oils ? Thank you-- All !

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I have the DR Harris Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic WITH Oil and I like it very much...cannot tell a real discernible difference in other hair tonics that I've tried WITHOUT oil in any negative way whatsoever. It is not Jed Clampett gusher oil in any way shape or form.

I E-Mailed the Vendor : for--- Clarification, no responce-- yet

( Up to this point, ' the Traditional Shaving Co. ' s Service--- was Top- Notch....)

The oils in the Lerinia are Essential Oils. They're not oil in the usual sense of the word and would have been added as a natural fragrance. I can't help on the presence or purpose of the castor oil other than to assume it's there to assist in providing hold.

^^ Answering--- Alraz ^^ : Well, they ( :"Traditional Shaving' s syte )-- have 2 versions : With- & Without Oil , I 've chosen the NO -oil version , and- in Addition-- have sent them an E-Mail- Specificaly asking-- the NO- oil Lotions...

on the connaught shaving site d.r. harris' product is listed as "bay rum...1/4 oil"
hmmm! does that mean their bay rum hair tonic product doesn't come in a 'non-oil' version???

oooppps! to answer my own thread, the d.r. harris official website list both a without oil and a "1/4" oil version of ther bay rum hair tonic.
let's hear what your retailer has to say!!!
jr/john

Just - got a response from Mathew ( " Traditional Shaving Co." ) : Both Hair Lotions I've got--- are ^^ WITHOUT^^ Oil ;

" the Oily- versions-- are Distinct- by Added Oil-- for Sliker look"

Gentlemen : I HIGHLY RECOMMEND, to you-- the " Traditional Shaving Company " ( Leeds, U K ) : 1-st Rate Service !

Top Bottom