What's new

Witch hazel

So how does this stuff work.After rinsing youre face with some cold water do you apply it then put on an aftershave lotion of some variety

I rinse with cold water and then splash on the witch hazel. A few minutes later I usually add an aftershave splash. I generally steer away from balms.

why steer away from balms....i thought balms were better than colognes,splash.Also does anyone dab there face with a bit of talc after there post shave routine

why steer away from balms....i thought balms were better than colognes,splash.Also does anyone dab there face with a bit of talc after there post shave routine

I use balms in the winter and sometimes I rub some talc on my face after a shave in the summer.

Up to you really. Personally I either use something like Aqua Velva (morning shave only) or Thayers Witch Hazel (night or morning) to start with as both contain alcohol. Then sometimes follow up either with a moisturizer and/or sunscreen depending on how I feel and the day's plan for outdoor activities. If I was forced to choose only one product to use on a given day (especially winter time) it would probably be Witch Hazel as it does leave the skin feeling better than AV alone. But to be honest I am still searching for better post-shave combinations.

I'm not sure if witch hazel is doing anything special for me but, I use it anyways. I use CO Bigelow Witch Hazel, I put some on a cotton pad and rub it on my face. Afterwards, I put some ASB on.

I rock the thayers lavender. It helps out my skin alot right now in the winter.
The basic routine:
shave, rinse, leave face damp, rub on some thayers, let air dry, rub in some post shave lotion. I try to use the witch hazel every morning even when i dont shave. I stay away from actual aftershaves because I have sensitive skin so they just drain my face of life.

Top Bottom