What's new

Wit and Wisdom Shaving Cream. Worst I can imagine

I picked up a jar of Wit and Wisdom Shaving Cream at Dollar Tree and thought since it was only a buck I would give it a try so this morning I picked up the jar and went to work.
It is like shaving with Hair Conditioner and no lathering whatsoever and on top of that it made my face feel numb like I had rubbed it with novocaine. There was very little scent and the whole experience felt like I was shaving with a petroleum product instead of a shaving cream. I didn't like it at all and needless to say I won't buy any more and the money would have been better spent on Williams Soap.

I have an unopened tub that I am going to crack open for cream week in the January theme. Sounds like I am in for a fun week.

I made a thread about that trash awhile back. That stuff made my face burn, didn't lather, weak scent that didn't match the description, and I can't ever say I would try it again. I still want my dollar back.

Well, today was my second in a row of using this cream, and I had a nice shave.

My tips for the curious, foolhardy, or masochistic who want to try this cream:

1. This stuff is basically a cheap Chinese version of cold cream. It has zero cushion, but you can get enough slickness out of it to shave.

2. Shave with cold water. Plenty of it. The cold temperature helps your face through the chemical burn of whatever is in the cream (lead paint chips? battery acid? depleted uranium?). Plenty of water also helps with the slickness, which is all this cream has going for it. Between passes, douse your face thoroughly in cold water.

3. Glop plenty of it on for each pass. Don't be shy, this tub costs a dollar at the discount store. Get a couple of fingers down in there and get a big scoop for each pass. This will use up the tub quicker, and will make sure you get enough smeared on your face to get some slickness.

4. Shave quickly. The burn in this cream will light you on fire if you don't get it off your face in a hurry. See no. 2 above.

Like I said, today's shave wasn't bad. I think I will 3017 my tub after the January theme is over, to get rid of it. To sum up: Can I shave with it? Yep. Will I buy another tub? Nope.

Well, today was my second in a row of using this cream, and I had a nice shave.

My tips for the curious, foolhardy, or masochistic who want to try this cream:

1. This stuff is basically a cheap Chinese version of cold cream. It has zero cushion, but you can get enough slickness out of it to shave.

2. Shave with cold water. Plenty of it. The cold temperature helps your face through the chemical burn of whatever is in the cream (lead paint chips? battery acid? depleted uranium?). Plenty of water also helps with the slickness, which is all this cream has going for it. Between passes, douse your face thoroughly in cold water.

3. Glop plenty of it on for each pass. Don't be shy, this tub costs a dollar at the discount store. Get a couple of fingers down in there and get a big scoop for each pass. This will use up the tub quicker, and will make sure you get enough smeared on your face to get some slickness.

4. Shave quickly. The burn in this cream will light you on fire if you don't get it off your face in a hurry. See no. 2 above.

Like I said, today's shave wasn't bad. I think I will 3017 my tub after the January theme is over, to get rid of it. To sum up: Can I shave with it? Yep. Will I buy another tub? Nope.

Lmao- I'm glad you wrote this. I was standing in dollar tree googling this stuff before buying. This was about the only info out there. Thanks!

Wit & Wisdom is one of my favorite shaving creams! Add 5 or 6 drops of Shave Secret oil from Walmart as a base layer, add Wit & Wisdom on top of that and you will have one of the smoothest, quick and economical shaves ever.
But yes, by itself it sucks.

Lmao. I'm here because I'm literally at Dollar Tree right now looking at the tub. Thought it would be best to search for some reviews. Glad I did.

Last edited:
Top Bottom