What's new

Who's rocking the nalgene bottle?

TheShaun

Bejeweled
I have just rediscovered the wide mouth 1 liter Nalgene. Why did I ever stop using it? Found my 10 year old one and am enjoying drinking water from it. It's like falling in love again.

Maybe I should turf it for a new BPA free version.

Who else is loving Nalgene?

Lost mine awhile back. Been using a Camelback one for several years now. I would rock the Nalgene again though.

I've gone through multiple Nalgene bottles over the years and see no point in using anything else as a water bottle.

I love my Nalgenes. Faithful companions on many, many a Scout trip and hundreds of miles on them. Classic design.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
When friends and I would go camping in high school and college one of our hobbies was to put nalgene bottles through a series of torture tests. We practically did everything except shoot them with a gun including dropping it from a 90 foot fire tower onto the bedrock the tower was constructed on.

Yeah, we have a few Nalgene bottles, and they are the shizzle.

I would ignore the alarmists about BPA, bunch of hooey. Enjoy your classic bottle. :)

I remember when they were THE thing to have to drink water out of.
I have no idea what happened to mine.
I like them though. Good sturdy bottles.

The camping folks would come with an old beat up SIGG water bottle.
I always thought they new something the rest of us didn't know.....

I've been using them since 2000. I'm on my... I dunno 8th one? never broke any just get in the mood for a new one... I had one of the old original style ones back then, and I just took delivery today of a new bright green "ultralight" original style bottle, with a black easy sipper cap, and also the Nalgene tumbler!

Nalgene is located in Rochester, NY (made HERE!) which is 35 minutes from my house. Purchase direct from them, anything over $10 is free shipping CONUS... Prices are pretty similar.

I had a smaller...16oz bottle when I started my current job. I think it was Green. I literally tossed it on the floor, slid it across our department, kicked it whatever. It never thought of giving up! Last 3 nalgenes have been the "On the go" flip open bottle, great for keeping at work or somewhere with a cup holder, but the flip open lid leaks and after broken in, opens too easily to trust. Back to 32oz wide mouths for me.

GSI stainless cups fit around the 32oz nalgene for a reason...

Love 'em. I've had the same one for 15 years until I misplaced it a month ago. And by misplaced, I mean I left it at the park. There's a great outdoors shop 4 blocks from my place. I was there last week to pick up a couple for a 3 week canoe trip in July. I chose the classic grey with blue cap, and a glow in the dark one.

Nalgene is decent, but I prefer my Klean Kanteen.

+1, really like my klean kanteen with the "sport cap" (nipple thingy). The whole plastic, BPA thing turned me off from Nalgene and other plastic bottles. Don't know if there's any grounds to it, but I'd prefer just to be safe rather than sorry since I drink a ton of water on a daily basis.

I have them in several sizes, including wide mouth and narrow mouth. I take one to work in my laptop bag every day, and to the gym. The 24oz ones are a favorite. The top of the bottle is tapered so its easier to hold, and 24oz is plenty of volume.

Top Bottom