What's new

Who rides a motorcycle?

Any other MC riders out there?

I had a 1982 Yamaha Virago, sold that and bought a 2009 Harley Davidson Iron 883 Sportster, and this summer I picked up a 1980 Honda CB750 that is my winter project bike.

Anyone else ride?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Recently sold my last two gems-
'94 Honda Magna 750, 812 miles
'95 HD Sportster 1200, 204 miles

Both were as new. I miss them.

2001 Intruder 1500, well it's in a pile of parts right now but Ill have it back together in a few weeks.

My '80 CB 750 has bad compression in the #4 cylinder. I'm really hoping it just needs new rings, and not rehoning...

Just picked up a 1100 V Star Classic Silverado. Currently going through it getting it ready for spring.

1988 1100 Katana

$bikege4.jpg

1994 Hertiage Softail Nostalgia. Bought it from a collector 2 years ago, had 13,000 miles. Crane cam, Edlebrock heads and high performance pistons. A wonderful beast.

I don't ride on the street any more, but I roadrace when time and money allow. Currently I have:
Yamaha YSR50
Honda RS125 GP bilke
Honda RS85 (RS125 with CR85 engine)

I ride a 2004 Suzuki GS500F. I grew up on dirt bikes and snowmobiles, but this is my first street bike and has served me well. That being said, I'm ready to upgrade to something slightly larger (like an SV650, etc.) once finances allow.

work with wimps- 30 degrees isn't that bad, especially when there is no rain

Agreed.

However, around here, I stop riding when they put salt down, which usually happens around the beginning of December. Then I don't ride again until mid March, when a good rain washes the salt away. In between, it is usually icy or snowing anyway. I might get a short ride in once or twice in between, but I don't count on it.

I love triumphs. I would love to take a spin on a Rocket III, and I really think that their Thunderbird is the "bike of the future" as far as liquid cooling, big displacement, and belt final drive...

Nice Thruxy, have you seen the Steve McQueen Bonneville edition?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Agreed.

However, around here, I stop riding when they put salt down, which usually happens around the beginning of December. Then I don't ride again until mid March, when a good rain washes the salt away. In between, it is usually icy or snowing anyway. I might get a short ride in once or twice in between, but I don't count on it.

Oh, you live in a salt state. I don't blame you. We (TX) don't see enough ice to warrant anything more than sand. I used to live in Cleveland, and smart people owned two cars. One winter beater, and one nice car that stayed in the garage after the snow melted and you had a couple good rains. Salt is bad on steel, but even worse to aluminum.

I commute (most days) on this:

proxy.php

2004 Triumph Thruxton

Nice! My daily commute is on a Suzuki V-Strom 650 adventure tourer. No advneture touring yet, alas, but the fairing, windshield, heated grips, and handguards are great for commuting in cold/wet weather.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nice! My daily commute is on a Suzuki V-Strom 650 adventure tourer. No advneture touring yet, alas, but the fairing, windshield, heated grips, and handguards are great for commuting in cold/wet weather.

Someone here at work rides one of those. He and a couple BMW adventure tourers rode from here (Fort Worth, TX) up to the Arctic Circle this last summer. Wish I had the bread for such a thing.

i wish i had a digital pic of my old harley. well it wasnt old it was an 08 crossbones. i stripped to the frame. did a stroker 124 that ran on c16 race fuel. and i used to street race it only. it would literally wipe the floor with a hayabusa. but i needed to get outta the loan bad and sold it to a friend of mine. he stripped it down and painted it metallic hulk green. and still races it.

i own a motorcycle forum... *(don't think they will let me mention it here....) but we have a couple hundred members..... we take our yearly trips to deals gap in NC.....

this is from this summers trip.... that is me on my 2010 kawi zx14.... aka the 200mph sofa...... :w00t:... anyone tells you zx14's won't handle just don't know...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom