What's new

Which Ikon razor to buy

Hi All,

I am looking at Ikon razors and wanted to ask which razor will suit my needs

I currently use the r41 and the timeless slim. I am looking at something on the line of the r41

If there is an ikon razor that will do a similar job , do let me know your opinion

Ashwin

I currently have the Tek which is aluminum. The cousin to the Tek is the Standard which is DLC stainless steel. Both shave at an aggression level of about 8/10 but very smooth and close. Usually one pass with slight touch up is all it takes.
Pick you poison. Shown is the Tek with a ti handle.
iKon Tek.jpg

I have both the B1 Standard and the B1 OC Deluxe. I also have an R41. Both the Standard and the OC Deluxe are fine tools that provide great shaves. I do find both smoother than the R41 against the grain. I find the Standard to be the more efficient despite looking like a black Gillette Tech. I don't know that I would say they are more efficient than the R41 but for me, certainly smoother and the resulting closeness is on par with the R41. I have oft been tempted to purchase the Ikon Tek but I don't really need anything more aggressive than an R41. Good luck on your quest!

I have both the R41 & Tek. You want the Tek if you like the R41. I find the Tek more aggressive than anything but I like it. One of the few razors that I haven't let go of!
The Short comb is good too. Less aggressive than the Tek!
They used to sell a combo that included the Tek & Short comb heads plus the handle for like $45.
That's how I got both! I just checked though and they no longer have that combo!

I had a x3 slant that had uneven blade exposure. I contacted the company for a refund/exchange and they refused to respond. PayPal intervened and they didn't respond to them either. As such, PayPal issued me the refund. Horrible customer service and it's rare these days to even hear about them being in people's top rotation. I wouldn't waste my time on them.

I find the Ikon X3 Slant to be delightful, although it's probably a little too mild for you. Very efficient but smooth, without an excessive amount of blade feel.
I'd second the X3. I use it as one of my new blade test razors. I also love slants.

Another vote for the Ikon Tech here. I love, love, love this razor. Hard to choose between the Tech and Cobra Classic (SE artist club razor). Both of my favorites.

I love the Ikon Tech. I find it more agressive than the R41 (which I had) but at the same time easier to handle. I mainly use straight razors but this gives a great shave when you want to save stropping time.

Top Bottom