What's new

Where do you draw the line on price?

I appreciate clothes, watches, fabrics etc. the design aspect of them and their appearance. The pleasure the wearer gets from putting them on & the day to day spending time with them & I guess relationship. How often have you had your watch being in for repair and using a substitute that wasnt the same or a pair of shoes that you compare every other pair you try on against?

About 4 years ago I saw a Pea-Coat in FHM Magazine that blew me away. I can picture it now but cannot find a picture of the advert online. The model was a clean shaven black male with an afro and he looked wonderful in it. iirc it cost around £2500. I cant remember the make :sad:

Would be interested in hearing about the clothes, watches, suits etc. that any of you have bought or have had passed onto you, especially something that is older (5,10, 20, 40+years?) and whether it has still kept its shape, colour & overall appearance, or has it cost you a fortune over the years in repairs.

Every time I open a magazine I see the brands along with the clever marketing campaigns, but I am more interested in what has lasted & impressed you, your father, your grandfather.

Would/have you bought a Patek Philippe or other well regarded watch? I love their marketing slogan of "You never actually own a Patek Philippe, You merely look after it for the next generation"
proxy.php

For me:
shoes = £200 max. because wearing them 10 hours a day, nothing is worse than trying to concentrate at work and having your feet ache, then driving home in agony.
suit = £150 max. I only own one suit as I dont have to wear one at work, that does me for weddings & funerals. Mine cost £110
watch = £50, with mobile phones and always having the time on tap with one this is the reason its so low. A friend as a 21st birthday present got a Brietling for around £2500 & hardly ever wore the thing. Was afraid about wandering around the town centre in it, on nights out etc. so a wonderful watch sat collecting dust more often than not.
shirt = £50, to me a shirt is a shirt, different patterns, but is a £300 shirt really that much different?

Am hoping that some brands will be mentioned so that those of us thinking about buying in future will have a good idea what brands to look to.

Top Bottom