What's new

Where are the Hammock sleepers here?

Wonderful thread! This made my day. Ive been hammock camping for just over 10 years now. I have a few setups, but gear out in my warbonnet blackbird with superfly and hammockgear under and top quilts. I also have 2 eno double nests and bug fly.

Best part, spring is here and the camping opportunities are plentiful!

I most always hike with a Baofeng UV5R 2-meter, which I use to scan GMRS/FRS channels and other local signals. As a plus it pulls in the FM rock stations. Also weather channels, which is nice. I am working *slowly* on the technician license, so never transmit.

Since I had that bear sneak up on me in the hammock last summer, I notice I am listening *real well* to surroundings, and not using the radio. But a very very handy thing. I got the aftermarket 8-AA cell battery pack, so can use those in my flashlight ... and in a little box which can charge the phone ... and sometimes, carry a small solar panel to recharge those AAs.

AA

I got my ham about 3 years ago. Havent transmitted once haha, but i do have my general. I just bought the ARRL study book and banged out the technician and general in one shot. So much easier now that morse code isnt required.

Anyway, when i do transmit i am most certain itll be on 2meter first. But that radio you have is great and its only 30 bucks on amazon.

Top Bottom