What's new

What's Your Favorite Carbine?

Short-barreled AR 15? Maybe a Ruger 10/22? Maybe a Ruger American Ranch? Maybe a Henry lever-action in 44 mag with a 16" barrel? What's your favorite carbine? I like this 12.5" barrel (AFT-registered) AR with iron sights.

sbr-556-aeroprecision.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Hard to narrow it down to just one.
I'd love to have a .357 lever action.
M1 .30 cal carbine- it's old so I don't shoot it that often, but it is so fun.
AR 15 .223 with 16 in. barrel, with an extra upper in 6.5 Grendel, 16 in. barrel.
AR 15 "pistol" with 11.5 in. .223 with an extra upper in .300 BO. 10 in. barrel.
AR 9 "pistol" in 9mm.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
My old Remington 241 and a new Rossi RB22. The former is the Browning take down design slightly improved. Remington was licensed to make and sell the design in the US and FN was licensed to sell under the Browning name in Europe. The latter is a super light bolt action plinker.

241-800.jpg

241-small.jpg

RB22-01small.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Ruger 10/22 Stainless Steel 16" Synthetic Stock
KAK Industry AR 15 10.5" Pistol .556
Colt LE6920 M4 16" .556
LWRC M6IC 16" .556
Ruger American Compact Bolt Action 18" Bull Barrel 6.5 Grendel

From a practical standpoint, I'd have to say M4. My first deployment to Iraq had us carrying the M16A4, which was just unsuitable for war conducted mainly from the inside of a humvee. Too long.

And we were issued then new body armor with ballistic SAPI plates. The fixed, full-length, non-collapseable stock made it impossible to get your eyeball behind the rear aperture, thus rendering the marksmanship acquired on qual ranges useless.

2nd time over, we got the M4. It was ideal, and you could collapse the stock all the way down to get behind the sights.

Top Bottom