What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

1713181789247.jpg

1772652_1twgge.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Another fine cup of the Don Pablo's Colombian Supremo just now... I had tea this morning.. keeping that kidney stone or stones on the way out of my body. The pain has subsided substantially.

I've been housebound for the past 2 days... not feeling like working on Sunday and today is my scheduled day off. I have two center cut rib eyes in the sous vide bath for a few hours.

It's 80F out there now.... low humidity.. I did go out to the mail box and take some garbage out... it's a lovely day, for sure.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Looks great! I’m glad it’s working out like you’d hoped. Your experience sounds similar to mine with the Milwaukee, but I envy that battery life for sure. if I use mine on the lower speed mode, cutting thin grass I may get similar, but that doesn’t work for most of my property. The sweet spot seems to be hi speed setting and lower speed on the trigger (half press) to maintain a balance between torque, speed and battery life on my damp, gnarly southern weeds and wild grasses. I still keep the Echo gas trimmer around with a grass blade for some of the heavier stuff in the middle of summer down here.

Thanks dude! Ya know, blue's my color, and its just nice to have a machine that both looks the part, and also functions the part. What really surprised me, was that I still had a full battery left after 25-minutes of trimming, this means I could make 2-batteries last me a long time, as in, a lot of trimming, before needing to be recharged. I hear ya about keeping her in high speed, and just feathering the trigger.

Before I make a final speed decision however, I want to at least try out ADT mode on my next job, I will trim and edge 2-properties, doing it all in ADT mode. If the machine keeps up with my demand, I may just leave it in that mode from now on. The thing is, Milwaukee is using the 18650 lithium cells in their packs, and they try to cram more of them in there.

What makes the new 40V line from Makita so different, is they are using the newer 2100 lithium cells, thats why their battery packs are physically larger, despite their rating, to accommodate for the larger battery cells. And that is why I think the battery life is so good on them, they are designed for high discharge, at longer runtimes.

I like the way you use your trimmer, makes sense to me. I'm going to keep my Honda 4-cycle gas string trimmer as a backup. But I am going to sell my Stihl brushcutter, as its far too much for my needs now, and I never use it. There used to be a lot of brush, trees, and 6 foot tall field grass for me to contend with, but no longer.

Winding down this sample of Longneck Coffee Roasters (Williamsburg, VA) Haitian Blue Norde Organic beans, I decided to try scaling
the James Perry Coffee - Standard 3 Pour recipe with the April 2.0 plastic dripper and April filter. I figured if the dose/recipe combination didn't work, I still had enough beans for a regular recipe to have a morning cup of coffee.

The brew was not bad but had a hit of bitterness in the finish, but still very drinkable. I made some notes on what I would change next time I try scaling that recipe. It was a good data point.

So I will finish off the last of the beans tomorrow and move onto the next bag of beans the following day.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black. One Monk Fruit in the Raw packet.

It's 47° in SCS right now with a high around 65°. Mostly sunny today but it looks like we have some rain moving in this evening. A few more totes to sort through today but that's about it. It's Taco Tuesday, so I'll drive up the street to the Butter Run Saloon for tacos and a cold beer later. 🌮🍺

Have a blessed day, crew.

Top Bottom