What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm home at the moment.... in need of a ummmmm sitdown bathroom break but my body isn't quite ready yet.. TMI, I know.

Don Pablo's Signature blend in the French press this morning. We had the Toraja coffee Tuesday and Wednesday... I'm glad we both like them equally, as we won't have to try and replace the Toraja when it's gone.

It was raining at 8 when I started work... but it's nice and sunny at the moment.... The temperature should be up to around 72F if the weather people are accurate. A very nice "Spring" day.

IMG_1993.jpeg

These beans are very dark, shiny, large and actually pretty, however, I still thought the scent and flavor to be kinda neutral and flat. Maybe I am discovering I like a brighter and lighter roast.
I think once they’re roasted to the point you see oil on the bean most of the more delicate notes are gone. It’s a fine balance, but I tend to prefer lighter/medium roasts for pour over and medium/darker for espresso.
BTW Trevor, my red handled Hario carafe broke and I had to get a new one. I discovered the red version is only available when purchased with the V60 combo.
That’s interesting. I knew they are definitely less common than the black ones.

Today's beans were Bridge City Coffee (Greenville, SC) - El Salvador (natural process).
I used the Coffee Chronicler's hybrid recipe:

I used the same grind setting and water temperature as I previously used for a similarly roasted set of beans from this roaster but the coffee came out bitter.
I then ground the beans more coarsely for the next round and it was much better. I still need to dial in these beans for this brewer, but at least I had a decent cup of coffee to start my day. ☕

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

It's 26° in SCS right now with a high around 52°. It looks like we're in for plenty of sunshine today. I got about 8 hours of quality sleep last night. I spent some quiet time in prayer this morning before I got out of bed. It will be fasting and no meat for me today as it's Good Friday.

Have a blessed day ahead, my friends. 🙏

Brazil Fazenda Vila Boa Anaerobic Natural​

Changed to no wet filter and different cold water type
While the Technivorm is auto, the stop switch operates like a big giant v60 , allowing handheld kettle action,,
Stirring coffee at a certain time, etc all can produce a rival marvelous cup of joe
Love the hot plate on this model as it keeps coffee hot,,
C40, 26 clicks, 124 sec to intentionally grind-very slow,( variable speed switch me, lol),
4 sec to take a pic for you guys😕
All these little things add up to a great cup,
Plus got the heart ❤️ pumping this am😀
Have a blessed day all
IMG_2355.jpeg

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Don Pablo Colombian Supremo for the road today, brewed with the Clever. We’re heading back to the Bluegrass State for another golf tournament this weekend, so I’ll be back on hotel coffee the next couple days.View attachment 1819964
My next subscription order from Don Pablo ships on April 5th... I don't really need it, as we were gone for those three weeks, but I did add that 2 pound bag of the Colombian Supremo to the order, so I'll skip the next one.

I look forward to trying it.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

It's 37° in SCS right now with a high around 43°. It looks like it's going to rain on and off all day. I got 9 hours of sleep in last night. How did that happen, crew? I'm late for our morning brew session. :)

Not much on the agenda today other than a trip to Meijer.

Have a blessed Saturday, friends.

Today's beans were Bridge City Coffee (Greenville, SC) - El Salvador (natural process).
I used my Timemore B75 with the Wide Awake PH 3-pour recipe.
Today, I used Kalita 155 filters.

I like that I can use Timemore, April, Kalita 155 and Kalita 185 filters with this brewer.
I also like that the brewer has ribs inside to help prevent the filter waves from collapsing when wet.
The open bottom of the brewer prevents stalling.
I am really having fun with this brewer!

Good Morning Krew

PXL_20240327_145203155.jpg
Same coffee as yesterday. I have to go into town this morning so I made a quick pot. I added MCT oil and collagen to the first cup and just milk to the second cup. With the second cup I took some supplements and had peanut butter on keto toast. I am NOT on the Keto diet but I usually start out that way in the morning. I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago and had good blood work results so I must be doing something right. We often play badminton and take 4 dogs and our cat for a walk in the late afternoon.
My wife is at Church this morning preparing for an Easter egg hunt and fun activities for kids in the area.
Good Day to All.

Top Bottom