What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

PEET's BIG BANG ........ Despite the name this is not one of those super caffeine blends .Very nice flavor and aroma .
IMG_0009 - Copy.JPG

That's a real surprise .... I read an article on a guy who went back and forth to Italy . He wrote that no matter what he did , or what American baristas did , the espresso in Italy was always superior . After 5 years he arrived at the conclusion that the Italians did one thing different . At the end of the day the espresso machine did not get their piping swabbed out with brushes and the accumulation of sediment gave the Italian espresso it's unique flavor . Don't know if this is true or not but it makes sense . As for France , perhaps the PH of their water makes a big difference ? I'm sure their machines are Italian and perhaps their coffee as well .
They prepare their coffee with complete disregard for 'The Standards'. Shots are fast, slow, way too long, just to fill a cup. . . . not great. I will say, that having been tasked to clean my brother's espresso machine that he never cleans, the oils that were festering in a gelatinous blob in the portafilter should make a person ill! Keep in mind, I was going to little café/ bars, we never visited the few dedicated coffee shops, that likely would have cared more. I'm sure the Italians are generally more passionate about what it is they are preparing, now as far as the pastries go. . . OMG! The French kill it, regardless of where you go, you just won't be dissapointed. My haircut however, 10/10.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black. One Monk Fruit in the Raw packet.

It's 50° in SCS right now with a high around 62°. A partly cloudy day expected with a slight chance of showers. I got about 5 hours of sleep last night. Not as much as I wanted but I feel pretty decent this morning. Just a few errands to run today but that's about it.

Hopefully my coffee crew co-founder @APBinNCA will pop in soon. Summoning Aaron 🧙‍♂️ I know you've been busy lately, my friend. :)

Have a blessed Wednesday, crew.

Last edited:
Ob. Coffee: The Major's K9 officer selected Yaucono this AM, so he had 1 cup in the Keurig, & 1 as an Americano from the Aeropress. Good stuff all around.

And the f-i-l is doing much better. If he is feeling this good after the weekend, the Major thinks that he & his CO will discuss whether he can return to his apartment.

-MO

They prepare their coffee with complete disregard for 'The Standards'. Shots are fast, slow, way too long, just to fill a cup. . . . not great. I will say, that having been tasked to clean my brother's espresso machine that he never cleans, the oils that were festering in a gelatinous blob in the portafilter should make a person ill! Keep in mind, I was going to little café/ bars, we never visited the few dedicated coffee shops, that likely would have cared more. I'm sure the Italians are generally more passionate about what it is they are preparing, now as far as the pastries go. . . OMG! The French kill it, regardless of where you go, you just won't be dissapointed. My haircut however, 10/10.
I used to work in a supermarket with German bakers . Everything German was " the best " except food ( Italian ) watches (Swiss ) and pastry ( Austria ) .... Austrian pastry is on my bucket list ....

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I brought my coffee suite down with us to our son's place and am enjoying my second Yeti full of French Press prepared Don Pablo's Signature Blend... I needed it today, for some reason. I've been pretty good at limiting myself to one Yeti full a day. <eg>

The weather here in St. Petersburg is a lovely 85 degrees F at the moment... Bright sunshine.. a few low hanging clouds on the horizons... but they've issued a wind advisory for our trip home, including Gainesville, where we live. Should be fun watching the tractor/trailers being blown this way and that on the ride home. I will be careful.... you can count on that. <eg>

Flanders

Stupid sexy Wing Nut
Hopefully my coffee crew co-founder @APBinNCA will pop in soon. Summoning Aaron 🧙‍♂️ I know you've been busy lately, my friend. :)
And just like before, I have been summoned so here I am!

I miss this place, but I am afraid my usual decaf is against at least one person’s religion. <eg>

Today was supposed to be a regular coffee day, but I ran out of time. I roasted a huge amount of Costa Rica Honey for my mother and I have a special Natural Ethiopia in the freezer to choose from. I will try to stop in more often, but what I am caught up in is nearly life or death; I have to keep focused(and have a habit of spending too much time on here once I get started).

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black. One Monk Fruit in the Raw packet.

It's 49° in SCS right now with a high around 56°. It's a rainy morning here. Thunderstorms expected throughout the day. Up early again this morning. Maybe 6 hours of sleep last night. Not much on the agenda today. About 16 days left. Counting it down...

God bless you all.

It’s a rainy spring day in East TN. I have plenty of lawn work that needs doing, but that’ll just have to wait. That’s ok since I probably would’ve put it off to watch the Masters golf tournament anyway, assuming they don’t also get rained out.

I picked this mug up while attending the tournament a few years ago with my wife and son. I only use this one 4 days each year on tournament days. Won the ticket lottery to the Wednesday practice round. Truly an experience none of us will forget. As amazing as the course is my favorite memories will always be watching my son take it all in as an 11 year old, completely awestruck.
IMG_8400.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It’s a rainy spring day in East TN. I have plenty of lawn work that needs doing, but that’ll just have to wait. That’s ok since I probably would’ve put it off to watch the Masters golf tournament anyway, assuming they don’t also get rained out.

I picked this mug up while attending the tournament a few years ago with my wife and son. I only use this one 4 days each year on tournament days. Won the ticket lottery to the Wednesday practice round. Truly an experience none of us will forget. As amazing as the course is my favorite memories will always be watching my son take it all in as an 11 year old, completely awestruck.View attachment 1827417
Rudy, the Don Pablo’s Colombian Supremo (Sp?) shows up today, along with my regular Signature blend. I’ll brew some up tomorrow and let you know how I like it.

73F with rain off and on today. Could be worse, though I’m not a fan of the wind we are getting along with it.

Top Bottom