What's new

What's with this body wash?

Wow this got pretty intense.

I use soap on a rope because the body wash in the dispenser at the gym is rubbish and the rope means I won't drop the soap...

How about what's living in the water you are washing either the soap or body wash off with? ;)

Just some food for thought... Maybe a nice bank of UV lights lining the shower would help some of the germophobes feel better about which ever method they choose... And you can get a suntan at the same time :)

Forget the bars and the bottles. Those nylon poofs are where the cooties thrive.

Loofahs dude, loofahs. Those things become stank city in no time flat. I think it has something to do with the organic substrate - a petri dish for funk!
I have banned them from my bathroom forever.

But seriously, I think ya'll are getting too wild with this whole debate about what can or can't live on a bar of soap.
Them bugs are GOOD for you. Keeps your immune system on its toes. People who live in germ-free bubbles are just infected hosts waiting to happen...

Same here on the loofah and the nylon "scrubbie things"
However, we do use the nylon "scrubbie gloves"
We each have our own gloves, and they are replaced monthly so they don't get a lot of detritus build up.

The most terrifying thing that can happen to me in the shower is accidentally bumping into someone else's nylon pouf. I am no germophobe, hell, I think it's fine that people pee in the shower, SO and I share a toothbrush, but I have a totally irrational disgust for other people's poufs.

Finally found a soap I like - Pre de Provence lavender. PdP has a very good selection of scents, although the lime, green tea, and lavender struck me as being the most masculine.

Finally found a soap I like - Pre de Provence lavender. PdP has a very good selection of scents, although the lime, green tea, and lavender struck me as being the most masculine.

I've been working on my PdP Lavender (stuff with the lavender pieces in it - gives a nice scrubby feel) for the past 6 or 7 weeks... I like the stuff a lot.

I've been working on my PdP Lavender (stuff with the lavender pieces in it - gives a nice scrubby feel) for the past 6 or 7 weeks... I like the stuff a lot.

PdP soap is good stuff, with the shea butter, and amazingly long lasting. I've got the verbena one, haven't tried any of the other scents.

I actually switched to bar soaps because they are more convenient. No pouf, no "middleman" needed, I just have to rub it all over and I'm done. I've yet to find a completely moisturizing soap, however.

If you must use a bar, then La Roche Posay's Lipikar bar soap is pretty decent. Hate to admit it, but I tried it after arguing the exact opposite in this thread :)

At home our bathroom is shared with siblings, so I prefer a liquid soap for sure. But when I travel I'm carrying the LRP soap. It's pretty good for my sebum-overproducing skin, and it's ratings online are high so I'm not the only one liking it.

Btw, it's a moisturizing bar soap.

And yet it suffers from the same problem most soap bars do: 5-6 times after using it, it's one squishy mess. The LRP soap I mentioned stays absolutely solid even if I leave it in a bit of water in my soap dish. One of its many virtues.

How are you storing your soap? I have 3 or 4 bars going in the shower right now, none of them are remotely squishy or messy.

+1

I also have three bars of soap in my shower that I rotate through. I took a shower this morning and all three bars are clean and dry, ready for my next shower. I wonder what condition someones bathroom would have to be in for a bar of soap to be in a gross, dirty puddle.

You know, this thread really piqued my curiosity because I switched to body wash almost a year ago and really like it. However, my elbows and particularly my calves seem to be very dry in the past 2-3 months. I have passed this off as me getting old, but I think there might be something to it drying out your skin. Maybe I'll have to mix it up or something... now I'm curious.

And yet it suffers from the same problem most soap bars do: 5-6 times after using it, it's one squishy mess.
Soap Saver FTW.

proxy.php

Top Bottom