What to do with this?

Pretty beat up edge.

1) Save it for another day?
2) Throw it away?
3) Restore and PIF it?

proxy.php

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Well it took awhile and its not quite done, but now its just a tad over 9/16ths which is still a respectable size. It's going to FOREVER to set a bevel on this though.

Kinda funny, the pivot hole looks like a screwup at the factory.

proxy.php

Thats when a DMT really shines and proves its worth. Mine is worn out from too many hard stones I found out while doing the nearly the same bevel reset.It is the first time I actually try to use on razor. Oh well. I guess its time for a new one after 3 months of hard stone lappings.

This would have made more sense earlier in this thread, but the first thing I noticed was there was very little spine wear - this would have been my clue to restore the edge.

Thats when a DMT really shines and proves its worth. Mine is worn out from too many hard stones I found out while doing the nearly the same bevel reset.It is the first time I actually try to use on razor. Oh well. I guess its time for a new one after 3 months of hard stone lappings.

Thanks, it may be time for me to invest in a DMT. Based on my previous attempts similar to this i estimate it would take me a few hours to get a bevel on this with my Norton 1K.

You could always get some wet/dry paper on a piece of glass. I've done that before I had my DMT to remove some chips and set a bevel.

Thanks, it may be time for me to invest in a DMT. Based on my previous attempts similar to this i estimate it would take me a few hours to get a bevel on this with my Norton 1K.

It's a great investment... and they are not expensive. If you get a 200/600 you can really speed up the bevel setting and you can take it to your Norton 1k after that if you like too.

Well it took awhile and its not quite done, but now its just a tad over 9/16ths which is still a respectable size. It's going to FOREVER to set a bevel on this though.

Kinda funny, the pivot hole looks like a screwup at the factory.

proxy.php

If you don't have a low grit synthetic, what I do when I have to remove chips like that (that I'm assuming you bread knifed) is to angle the razor with the spine slightly lifted and work it on some 150-220 grit sandpaper on a flat surface. That will begin the bevel and make it much easier to set the bevel when you go to your 1K (or whatever you use as a bevel setter).

Top Bottom