What's new

What razor did I see today?

OK, so shame on me for not taking a picture, but I think I can describe it pretty well.

First off, I would describe it as a silver New and Improved Aristocrat. See this picture. It was in very nice shape. It was priced at $55.

I can't find any reference to any silver New and Improved Aristocrats, unless I just haven't searched the forums hard enough.

So, should I go back and buy it? Good investment?

I realize these are ridiculous questions to ask others (it's all personal choice, I know) and even without pictures to show you all.

But, can anyone read my memory here? Is there such a thing as this silver New and Improved Aristocrat? It definitely had the diamond shafted shown in the above picture.

Help...thanks!

It's not an Aristocrat. But the New Improved razors came in both gold and silver. Compare it to a Bostonian, Richwood or New Standard. Did it have a case? That's what differentiates one model from another. If it's in good shape with a nice case then $55 is a decent price. But don't look at these vintage razors as investments. They don't appreciate fast enough.

Len

It's not an Aristocrat. But the New Improved razors came in both gold and silver. Compare it to a Bostonian, Richwood or New Standard. Did it have a case? That's what differentiates one model from another. If it's in good shape with a nice case then $55 is a decent price. But don't look at these vintage razors as investments. They don't appreciate fast enough.

Len

No, there was no case with it, unfortunately.

I don't see the Bostonian, Richwood or New Standard on the Wiki. On to the Internets!

I have a gold one like that,it's my favorite razor to shave with.I have a lot of razors so that's saying something.

proxy.php
[/IMG]

If it is just the razor, it should be in damn good shape if it is worth $55. Check that the plating is perfect and there there are no hairline cracks in the handle and there that are no bent teeth. If it has any of these flaws it is hard pressed to be worth what they are asking. Any one of these flaws should take the price down $10... if it has two flaws, take off $20... if it has all 3 flaws, take off $30.

Top Bottom