What's new

What is your favorite shave stick?

I love using shave sticks. I own many of them. Right now my favorite is Tabac. It's easy to lather and smells great. What is your favorite?

Gillette_Fine.JPG

La Toja. I love the stuff. I love my Tabac stick as well, but use it primarily when traveling and use the puck at home.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I haven't used a Tabac shave stick, but I'm sure it's just as good as the puck.
Right now my favorite shave stick is Palmolive.

Well, so far i only used one shave stick and that is La Toja. Great fresh scent with mineral salts for skin care. Tabac is my overall favourite soap, so i guess the stick would be right up there too. Trying to get my hands on the Wilkinson Sword shave stick at the moment. Not that easy to find.

Edit: I forgot that i pressed a Arko stick in an empty TOBS container. So, Arko gets the top spot for me.

Last edited:
That's a tough call between Arko and Palmolive. Let me open the envelope and tell you who won...the winner is - Arko!

Hang on, they gave me the wrong envelope. It's Palmolive.

Haven't tried any sticks besides Dr Harris Almond. I'll buy a puck of it in the future. La Toja and Tabac are also on my try list.

Sir irisch moos...
Absolutely awesome soap...
Lovely scent and terrific performance.
Then i love speick stick which has a strong scent and is awesome too.

La Toja. Tabac is probably my favorite soap overall, but I just have that in puck form, not stick. Arko and DR Harris get honorable mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

La Toja always has been my favorite stick but my last shave I used my Tabac stick and it made such a rich creamy lather it just blew me away. La Toja is still probably my favorite.

Toss-up between Tabac and La Toja - they are both outstanding. La Toja container neater and lighter for travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toss-up between Tabac and La Toja - they are both outstanding. La Toja container neater and lighter for travel.

That's how I feel. La Toja was always my favorite but my last shave Tabac made such rich and thick lather it gave second thoughts on which one I liked the best. Both great products for sure.

La Toja, outstanding stick. Arko deserves mention for its wide availability, overall efficacy and low price.

Cost: Arko

Ease of soap application: Arko

Ease of lathering: Arko/La Toja. Tie

Quality of Lather: La Toja

Scent: LEA/D.R. Harris Windsor. Tie

Travel friendly: D.R. Harris (tube cap is threaded and doesn't come apart in the Dopp)

Overall: I like D.R. Harris Windsor the best.

Top Bottom