What's new

What have you remodeled lately?

So Wednesday I rented a floor sander, bought stain and polyurethane, and redid my floors. I am happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1447437617020.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1447437617020.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 51
Nice results! How difficult and/or time consuming was this job? I might imagine the sanding created a lot of dust to cleanup throughout the house. Or was it attached to a vacuum to limit the mess?

Nice results! How difficult and/or time consuming was this job? I might imagine the sanding created a lot of dust to cleanup throughout the house. Or was it attached to a vacuum to limit the mess?
Thanks. I did this one room in a day. I did the sanding in the morning, and the staining and poly application in the afternoon, and into the night. The fact that I used water based polyuerathane instead of oil based speeds things up alot. With the water based, you don't have to sand between coats of poly; also, the water based dries quicker, so you can start your second and third coats of poly quicker. Also, this was about the 5th time I have done this, so I (kinda) know what I'm doing and had a game plan going in (don't ask me about the first time I redid some floors).

As to the mess...not really bad at all. I rented the following sander:

$H7096.jpg

As long as you keep that bag on, it is relativly mess free...it kinda works like a vacuum(just a whole lot heavier). I don't find it that difficult, but I did do alot of research/youtube watching before I did it the first time....just let the sander do the work and go with the grain of the wood.

Last edited:
Great job. I like everything about the room.

we redid our kitchen recently. This is an after photo. I made the builtin cabinets, hood, and did the panelling.

$image.jpg

My home is about 100 years old. I too just finished a kitchen remodel...I should post some pictures. The exterior walls of our home are brick, and I found that for the interior walls that are exterior walls as well (if you understand what I am trying to say) the plaster was applied straight to the brick; needless to say, i used alot of tapcons putting the drywall up:bored:

About the same age, Jut. My neighbor has furnace air covers like yours that look really cool! Wish I had them. This is the other side of my kitchen.

$image.jpg

Very nice cabinet work. Also, I wish I had the light in my kitchen that you do.

Top Bottom