What's new

What are your brushes?

I have several of the heavy hitters, Simpsons, Kents, Rooney but my all time favorite cost less than $10.00

It's an old Klenzo butterscotch handle I picked up in a thrift store for a few bucks retrofitted with a VS Pur Tech synthetic knot I was the only bidder on @ 99cents shipped.
IMG_1610.jpg

I mostly have Declaration Brushworks brushes right now:
  • 30mm Declaration Custom Sapphire Blackhat Franklin with Batch 1 hair
  • 27mm L&L Grooming handle with a Declaration Batch 1 reknot
  • 24mm Declaration Blue Washington with Batch 2 hair
  • Semogue 610 boar
  • 22mm Gluck Huck frosted synthetic knot in an ivory Whipped Dog handle
The Declaration brushes are getting 95% of the use. Once in a while I'll use the Semogue for fun and the synthetic is only for travel nowadays.

Started wet shaving about 6 weeks ago. Only brushes so far are:

Omega Pro 49
Semogue 830
Razorback Ivory 22 Plissoft

I'm feeling a major pull for a badger. Thinking about feeling out Larry at Whipped Dog for a reco.

Here are all of the brushes in my rotation. All of which are made by me. Most of them are Finest Banded Badgers from TGN and Vigshaving. One is a horse from Vigshaving, one is a Maggards synthetic, and one is a TGN boar.
tmp_31802-20170222_1001111220157668.jpg

Here are all of the brushes in my rotation. All of which are made by me. Most of them are Finest Banded Badgers from TGN and Vigshaving. One is a horse from Vigshaving, one is a Maggards synthetic, and one is a TGN boar.
Dude, you :censored: !! No, really those are some beauties!!:clap:

I just picked up the aluminum handled badger from maggard last week and it's really a great brush for the money. My go to brush is a handmade boar that I picked up in Cali for 10 bucks a few years back. Imo a broken in boar brush is hard to beat.

I have quite a few brushes but on the lower price side I have a great Semogue 620 boar which is great for soaps.

As for other regular users its often between a Semogue Owners Club (a bit on the stiffer side) or a Simpson Chubby in Best which is a bit on the softer side.

I got into brush making a while back and have a 24mm custom brush I made that I really love. FWIW if you have access to a lathe you can make really high quality brushes for far less than you can buy them.

Regards
Dave

I mostly have Declaration Brushworks brushes right now:
  • 30mm Declaration Custom Sapphire Blackhat Franklin with Batch 1 hair
  • 27mm L&L Grooming handle with a Declaration Batch 1 reknot
  • 24mm Declaration Blue Washington with Batch 2 hair
  • Semogue 610 boar
  • 22mm Gluck Huck frosted synthetic knot in an ivory Whipped Dog handle
The Declaration brushes are getting 95% of the use. Once in a while I'll use the Semogue for fun and the synthetic is only for travel nowadays.
Source of the Gluck Huck frosted synthetic knot?

Top Bottom