What's new

Well, Gents, that happened....

Last night I took on my very first SR shave. I was guessing on the shave readiness of a ZY 430+ I had received and it did the job. Only did my cheeks with the SR and the rest with my normal razor for a start.
No cuts. No bumps. No burns. Just a smooth face that my other half could not stop touching!

So I'm happy to report...I am definitely continuing with this! I can also report I have a LOT to learn.

I used the ZY, as well as the mug, brush, and strope that it came with. Seemed to do the job for now. I also used a soap from Country Heart Soap on Etsy. Not as silky and thick a lather as my Van Der Hagen soap...but it did the trick and smells amazing.

Gentlemen, I think it's fair to say you know you've done something right when your girlfriend can't stop touching and smelling your face and sighing in some sort of euphoric relief when she does.

I hope I can continue to learn from and talk with all of you on this friendly forum as the adventure continues!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Congratulations sir, a really good straight razor shave is a thing of joy.

Cheers, Steve

Yes well done; good news for you about the ZY: mine was not shave-ready - at least not for me, but I suspect that I have problem whiskers!

Good luck with it all for the future; the journey is most rewarding as I suspect you may have aleady discovered.

C.

Top Bottom