What's new

Walking Dead thread...

Wowsers. I gave up a few weeks ago, but still pop in to see what's happening or if it's worth coming back to the show.

It appears I am completely lost at this point and have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Hopefully the second half is a good one for everyone.

Re: Boots - Rick and Aaron (the guy who did the recruiting for Alexandria) went on a supply run. They found some handmade signs off the beaten path saying Keep out I have guns, blah, blah. The followed the path and found a house boat in the middle of a small pond. The pond was full of walkers (seemingly strategically placed as a deterrent). They made it to the boat, gathered up a nice cache of guns and food. There was a piece of paper with a middle finger drawn on it saying even when you live, you lose (no more ammo). As they left the camera panned to the boots of someone watching them. We never found out who that was.

Me too! Why would you assume homemade? Maybe someone just had an extra round! You'd have to assume homemade, to be looking that closely at it, for you to see any difference in it. And that would be the least probably explanation.

I think it's the person who owns the boat.
What about the note? “Congrats for Winning, but You Still Lose” This wasn't delved into much, but I think its very important and will be addressed later. Were the supplies booby trapped? Was the food poisoned? I think that guy is the one who wrote the note, and we'll be seeing more of him to explain all that.

That was my thought as well. Didn't she slip him a note before?

I wonder if the food is poisoned as well. Or at least tainted somehow. Can you imagine how pissed Negan will be if they get home and eat a bunch of poison food?

I wonder if the food is poisoned as well. Or at least tainted somehow. Can you imagine how pissed Negan will be if they get home and eat a bunch of poison food?
That's what I thought was originally going on with the pigs The Kingdom gave The Saviors.

It would be a nice twist to see at some point.

That's what I thought was originally going on with the pigs The Kingdom gave The Saviors.

It would be a nice twist to see at some point.

I was thinking about the pigs and how that is going to play out as well. I hope they revisit the tainted pig meat.

I thought it was a pretty good episode but not great. I was hoping for more action rather than a very soft ending. It was good to see Spencer go as he did in the comic. I was hoping that we'd get to see Carl be the one to shoot a bullet through Lucille like the comic (it's a great scene outside of the Hilltop shortly before a big showdown). I liked hearing the "Lucille give me strength" line as that is always a funny part. I think the booted figure is Dwight. The shaving scene could have been done correctly. My biggest beef is with the bullet and Eugene. I'm not a firearms/hand-loader guy but I'm tempted to call BS. Can you really tell the difference between a factory load and a hand load by looking at crimps? Also, in the comic, Negan finds Eugene actually making the ammo in that shop and confiscates a bunch of bullets already made. I hope the second half of the season is packed with action and I also hope we don't see the final showdown until next season's mid-season finale at the earliest.

I'm not a firearms/hand-loader guy but I'm tempted to call BS. Can you really tell the difference between a factory load and a hand load by looking at crimps?QUOTE]

It's funny you mention that, i have been handloading for like 15 years and on a pistol round you cannot tell, on sizing a straight walled case the mouth is belled to allow you to set the bullet then a taper is used to hold the bullet in place on a semi auto and normally a rolled crimp is used on a wheel gun and if I looked at a factory round compared to a reloaded round I doubt I could tell the difference

I made me a festive holiday Lucille!

Attachments

• $lucille1.jpg
    $lucille1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 41
  • $lucille2.jpg
    $lucille2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 40
Alright, alright! What did everyone think about last night's episode?

I just hope we don't end up with a bunch of Gabriel flashbacks to explain the new group.

I liked the general absence of Negan except for the radio broadcast. I thought the Skinny Joey line was great. The steel cable thing was great. I thought it moved the plot forward in a creative way, so I thought a solid B+ or better. Everyone seemed solidly in character, which is a good thing.

I liked the general absence of Negan except for the radio broadcast. I thought the Skinny Joey line was great. The steel cable thing was great. I thought it moved the plot forward in a creative way, so I thought a solid B+ or better. Everyone seemed solidly in character, which is a good thing.

I posted on another forum that I wanted some kind of walker trap, like a steamroller or something. The cable was right up my alley.

<like a steamroller or something. The cable was right up my alley.>

Absolutely! I hate to think of myself as a big fan of gore. But that was just too cool! I actually do not find myself to perturbed by any of the anti-zombie gore. I did find Negan with the bat beyond the pale, maybe way beyond the pale. I would not want to see the serious trying to out do itself along those lines. I can only justify it by faithfulness to the
"graphic novel."

Yea, I kinda like Neegan. It's a sick brand of comedy. It's nice to see the gang back together (mostly)
Seeing it was an episode directed by Nicotero, I knew there would be blood, and something original. Their world just keeps getting bigger.

Mark
:death:

SLICE CAPADES! or Rick's Slice-o-Matic in either case loved it.

Anyone else notice the showdow of a figure in the car as Gabriel drove off? Trying to figure out who the group ran into at the end of the episode and Rick smiled?

Top Bottom