What's new

Waist bands to carry in sports attire?

I walk / jog around the hood......, but lately have seen or been followed by some creeps (crazy stoners?)....... Anyway, need to carry something light inside jogging pants or shorts..... suggestions??? I have seen 2 people walk with the man purses that shout gun....don't need/want that.
I always have a blade nd spray as non lethal options..... Starting to think: shorts w a "real" belt and an inside pants kydex might be best option?

I walk / jog around the hood......, but lately have seen or been followed by some creeps (crazy stoners?)....... Anyway, need to carry something light inside jogging pants or shorts..... suggestions??? I have seen 2 people walk with the man purses that shout gun....don't need/want that.
I always have a blade nd spray as non lethal options..... Starting to think: shorts w a "real" belt and an inside pants kydex might be best option?

Backpacking/outdoor stores usually have thin belts made of nylon or elastic type material. These are designed to be low profile so they don't chafe when hiking with a pack. Maybe something like that you could wear over your shorts, put your t-shirt over top so it's not too obvious.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Take a look at the many light weight polymer framed .380. My S&W Bodyguard drops in a front pocket with a nice holster in my shorts or string tie pants.

large-01small.jpg

During the warm months I use a concealed carry fanny pack with an S&W 469 with an extra mag. I know people make fun of fanny packs, but I don't care about that. It works, and having a navy blue pack instead of a tactical black makes it less noticeable.

By the way, other than gun geeks like us, absolutely nobody will look at what you're using to conceal your gun and think "he's got a gun". 99.999% of the population are oblivious to the world around them and won't even notice you at all, let alone your CC gear. And that includes cops, which I know for a fact. :001_rolle

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
During the warm months I use a concealed carry fanny pack with an S&W 469 with an extra mag. I know people make fun of fanny packs, but I don't care about that. It works, and having a navy blue pack instead of a tactical black makes it less noticeable.

By the way, other than gun geeks like us, absolutely nobody will look at what you're using to conceal your gun and think "he's got a gun". 99.999% of the population are oblivious to the world around them and won't even notice you at all, let alone your CC gear. And that includes cops, which I know for a fact. :001_rolle
Compact-Pistols800.jpg

30yrs ago I carried a maroon fannypack , CZ nd extra mag in there. It wasn't tac-ti-cool and no one had a clue about it. No idea where that pack landed.....I have looked at my mom's house for it.....probably discarded. Now (past 10 yrs) new fannypacks are smaller (used one for years w wallet, keys, mace and cell phone)....and one that is so big and really uncomfortable....that one is designed for a G19 (need to revisit). Used a band yesterday....it still printed w my T-shirt, the xtra mag is too bulky. Will keep looking for options....ordered new shorts (mine are used and abused with years of use)......the kind that will take a belt.... the previous velcro belt gave up.....; amazing how important a good decent sturdy belt is.....

DeSantis is discontinuing the Clip-Grip, if you have an Airweight J-frame, and you can get a set for about $20 delivered.

For a G19 + mag, yeah, you need shorts with a real belt. I like Spec-Ops Brand, as they are relatively cheap, USA-made, and very durable. The Raven Concealment Systems Eidolon is a comfortable AIWB holster, that isn't chafing for me on short jaunts & occasional speed bursts.

Arrowhead Tactical Apparel has been getting some mentions from the guntubers. I don't have any first (or second) hand info about them though. When I looked I thought they were awful of pricey.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

Great post. I think the Fanny pack is making a comeback! :) Even the 99.9999% of the thugs in the hood don’t want to chance getting smoked even if they know “you might be packing”.

Thugs in the hood ain’t smart. I know this for a fact also. :) And the .00001% there which it does crosses their mind that I might have a heater in my Fanny Pack while jogging?

Good! If I’m jogging in the hood, I would rather that 0.00001% who would even dare to think about accosting me during my jog, I would rather them contemplate that I might have a pistol in that pack and I am down for the mango to use it; rather than they think I am absolutely unarmed and defenseless and will just be an easy mark.

But that’s just me. :)

Great post. I think the Fanny pack is making a comeback! :) Even the 99.9999% of the thugs in the hood don’t want to chance getting smoked even if they know “you might be packing”.

Thugs in the hood ain’t smart. I know this for a fact also. :) And the .00001% there which it does crosses their mind that I might have a heater in my Fanny Pack while jogging?

Good! If I’m jogging in the hood, I would rather that 0.00001% who would even dare to think about accosting me during my jog, I would rather them contemplate that I might have a pistol in that pack and I am down for the mango to use it; rather than they think I am absolutely unarmed and defenseless and will just be an easy mark.

But that’s just me. :)
The Fanny pack will NEVER make a comeback. Just to be clear. 😂

Top Bottom