What's new

Voskhod's: The smooth-ness of Teflon.

Shaveabuck.com: http://shaveabuck.com/voskhod-double-edge-razor-blades-100-p-811.html

$15/100 or a 5-pack for $1.25

I just wrapped up another 4 great shaves with a Voskhod in my Gillette NEW Short Comb. Great blade!

proxy.php

It has been a while since I tested a couple of Voskhods out of my Russian sampler pack. I was happy with the shaves but decided to invest in 200 Feather blades instead.

I have one more shave with the a current Feather blade. I plan on shaving next with a Voskhod on the H2 and do the 12 hour test. If the shaves are somewhat close to the Feather blade shaves I will be tempted to buy some.

The juy is out on Voskhod and the ATT H2. Don't get me wrong the Voskhod is a good blade but not on my ATT H2 for me. I got a great shave yesterday on the H2 and it passed the 12 hour test but with shave number 2 this morning the blade started to tug on the touch up buffing and I could not complete the shave.

I can get 3 good shaves on the Progress with the Voskhod because I can dial down the gap when I buff and avoid blood. The H2 with its aggressive gap requires a sharp blade for me to get desired results. Crystal blade is next on the H2 in my quest to find a more affordable blade to rotate with my go to Feather blades.

Voskhod definitely do not fit every razor. It is a perfect match in iKon OC for me. Together with R41 it is terrible and will tug badly on the ATG pass. There were it fits it is super nice.

So I just tried voshkod for the first time the other day in my fatip grande and it was not that great of a shave. It was really pulling and tugging. I thought ok maybe just not that razor so I tried it again last night in my merkur 23c and it was a better shave this time but still not the greatest shave. I really had high expectations for this blade seeing as how many people seem to love it so much. Im gonna try it in the merkur again and see if its any better. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom