What's new

Vintage April, 2024

I did have one early on, had it replated and everything but sold it along with an RFB and some other stuff to fund my Wolfman.

I decided to tip my toe back into Vintage razors again.

I thought so. I remember your sale. In fact, my old brain mistakenly credited you for selling me a FBT, when it was actually another member...and I actually posted that you sold me one of yours. 😄

Anyway, welcome back. 🙂

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I thought so. I remember your sale. In fact, my old brain mistakenly credited you for selling me a FBT, when it was actually another member...and I actually posted that you sold me one of yours. 😄

Anyway, welcome back. 🙂
Thanks... the FBT I just received today doesn't need re-plating... It's in absolutely perfect condition.

The Canada Regent Long Comb and the 1934 Gold Short Comb will both need to be re-plated. But I'll shave with them at least once before I send them off to Chris...

The Souplex looks to be in good shape, based on the photographs, but I won't know until I see it firsthand.

All three of those should show up by the end of next week, I think...

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_1322.jpeg

Vintage April 25th of April 2024.​

Vintage Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.

British Flair Tips (aka Rockets). Razor #1 is common Flair Tip. 2# #3 are Blue and Red Tip. Razors #4 #6 are identical Rhodium plated from Set's #80 and "Travelers Deluxe". #5 is Gold plated. Razor #7 1960's style w/ "flat" U.S. style end caps.
IMG_3779.JPG
IMG_3786 (1).JPG

Last edited:

Razor: Gillette US Pre-war Fat Handle Tech (42)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Pre-shave: Hot shower; Cereve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush 26mm
Soap: Van der Hagen Luxury Scented
Aftershave: Cool water rinse; Nivea Sensitive Soothing Post Shave Balm

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close; Very smooth; Pleasant DFS+ shave; On target.

Cheers!!!

British Flair Tips (aka Rockets). Razor #1 is common Flair Tip. 2# #3 are Blue and Red Tip. Razors #4 #6 are identical Rhodium plated from Set's #80 and "Travelers Deluxe". #5 is Gold plated. Razor #7 1960's style w/ "flat" U.S. style end caps. View attachment 1835339View attachment 1835344
I beginning to think you are just showing off and not actually shaving with these. I mean, did it really take 7 razors for this shave. 😜

25 April

Le Coq Licence "Palmer" • Perma-Sharp
Hampshire Wool Fat no.1 • Globusmen boar
IMG_20240425_081041223_HDR.jpg

After hearing so many good things about HWF I had to get some in. As I fully expected, it is indeed a lovely soap - easy to lather, nice lubrication and a soft, hydrated after feel.

This is my favourite of the Licence Palmers. Always works really effectively for me, and never the slightest irritation or hint of a nick. One of these days I'm going to have to over crank it to some ridiculous blade gap just to see what happens!

I beginning to think you are just showing off and not actually shaving with these. I mean, did it really take 7 razors for this shave. 😜
Over the years I've shaved with all of them (plus all of my collection). Guilty as charged. Of course I'm showing them off it's vintage April. Took me years (and lots of luck) to find them all - including the cases. Cheers..

Last edited:
Vintage April …Thursday the 25th
IMG_7028.jpeg
Gillette made in England red tip
Omega Jade boar
HWF soap
7 OC yellow
Top shave with the red tip today. Such a great razor…I’m respectfully careful when using it as it feels like it could bite but it hasn’t yet. Can feel the blade more than some of my other vintage Gillettes

Before posting about my last shave, I must say that this thread is among my favorites of all. The variety of beautiful vintage gear being displayed is stunning. OK, here is my late post of yesterday's vintage April shave rated 10/10 using:
  • Razor: 1934 Gillette Aristocrat, Gillette’s first one-piece, TTO razor.
  • Blade: 1970s Personna 74 (1)
  • Brush: Razorock 400 Silver Noir Plissoft
  • Pre-shave: Noxzema
  • Soap: Ethos Blood Orange (thank you Adam (@flask28))
  • Post shave: Thayer’s unscented Witch Hazel followed by Ethos Blood Orange splash and Stirling Christmas Eve balm
PXL_20240424_093126481.jpg
The 1934 Aristocrat is one of my favorite razors and perhaps the one I find most beautiful ever made by Gillette. I have a small handful of Personna 74 DE blades, and I loaded a fresh one to celebrate using this Aristocrat. The shave was sublime; a perfect BBS in only two passes (WTG/ATG) plus minor touch ups on problem areas.

My shave scoring log is found HERE.

Happy shaves everyone :badger:

Razor - Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Gillette Nacet (4)
Brush - Semogue TSN The Final Edition / Finest
Soap - LEA Classic
After Shave - B&M Passiflora (the never ending bottle)
After Shave Balm - Hada Labo Gokujun Premium
Fragrance - Acqua di Gio EDP

The flat bottom tech and a Nacet is a fantastic combo, it keeps getting better and better!​

Top Bottom