What's new

Two homemade handles

I've had a few people ask me to share pictures of two handles I made for someone else a few months ago. The pictures should say it all, so I won't go into any details about them other than I poured the resin and turned the handles myself. Enjoy!
$tmp_27156-20160604_111145-1462898890.jpg
$tmp_27156-20160602_2136201171196441.jpg
$tmp_27156-20160604_1111241608959660.jpg
$tmp_27156-20160602_213654390699068.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Very nice. I am going to try and turn some acrylic, I have so much wood that I have not tried it yet. But you and Jay are really making some nice stuff

Very nice. I am going to try and turn some acrylic, I have so much wood that I have not tried it yet. But you and Jay are really making some nice stuff

Beautiful job. Wish i had the ability to do something like this. Oh well. Ill just love them from a far. :)

Very nice. Looks factory made, only better!

Very, very nice!

Planetary whorls!

AA :thumbup1:

Thank you everyone!

I'm glad you decided to share these pics Dave, they're too nice not to let our fellow B&Bers have a look at. You did great on these, first rate professional work imo.

The sparse white swirls in the handles really sets them off for me. I don't think they'd have the same impact had the white blended in completely. Great little detail.

Dave, those are fantastic! Well done on the resin pour and the handles!

A few questions if you would:

1) Is that alumilite or a different poly resin?
2) Are you using a vacuum set up to eliminate bubbles in the resin?

Thank you!
To answer your questions, I use clear polyester resin and I do use a vacuum chamber to help minimize/eliminate bubbles.
Dave, those are fantastic! Well done on the resin pour and the handles!

A few questions if you would:

1) Is that alumilite or a different poly resin?
2) Are you using a vacuum set up to eliminate bubbles in the resin?

Love the first one. No, the second one. Yeah, the second one. Then again that first one is awful nice. Maybe...... Well you get the idea. They look great.

Top Bottom