IMG_6555.jpg

Morning shave - 3/15/24
Razor: RazoRock Old Type
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (5)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: AV Classic
Rating: 9/10, DFS+
Quite respectable shave, but with a weeper and a bit of tightness as a result. Plenty close though. I might have been a bit heavy handed on the razor. I felt rushed. Still very serviceable and pleasant shave.

Evening shave - 3/16/24
Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Treet Platinum (half blade) (2)
Aftershave: Clubman Citrus Musk
Rating: 8/10, SAS
Well I tried the Leaf Twig for a third time and it was the same result. I did three passes. WTG, XTG, XTG and I still was not getting a result I hoped for I switch razors to finish the job. Smooth and comfortable though, but so much to be desired in closeness.

Evening shave - 3/16/24
Razor: RazoRock Old Type
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (6)
Rating: 9.5/10, DFS+
Finished up my Saturday shave with two passes with the RR Old Type and it was sweet. Smooth, comfortable and plenty close. No complaints.

Morning shave - 3/18/24
Razor: n/a
Blade: BIC Sensitive Disposable (7)
Soap: Edge Shaving Gel shea and Sandalwood
Brush: n/a
Aftershave: Lustray Blue Spice
Rating: 8/10, SAS
Got a bit off kilter with my shaves. Ended up as a morning shave and I decided to make it a single pass to get back on track tonight. It mowed down the whiskers to an acceptable work day level. That is all.

Evening shave - 3/18/24
Razor: KCG
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (1)
Aftershave: Osage Rub
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
Ahhh now that is the way it is supposed to be! Uber smooth and very comfortable. Not a weeper in sight and oh so close to BBS.

Evening shave - 3/19/24
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (2)
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
The KCG strikes yet again. Another wonderful shave. No irritation and plenty smooth and close. What more can you ask for in a shave?

Morning shave - 3/21/24
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (3)
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
Very consistent shaves with this razor/blade combo. 36 hours of growth no issues whatsoever. Smooth and comfortable. Just a few spots with leftover short stubble.

Morning shave - 3/22/24
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (4)
Aftershave: Skin Bracer
Very close to BBS! My upper lip has a tiny bit of stubble left. This is one of the more troubling areas for me. Super smooth and not a lick of irritation. No complaints whatsoever.

Evening shave - 3/23/24
Razor: Swing SB
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (5)
Aftershave: AV Musk
Rating: 8.5/10, DFS+
First outing with the Swedish Swing razor. It is certainly a more blade forward razor that I am used to and I obviously was not careful enough and ended up with some irritation. I had some missed areas, but it was plenty, almost too close of a shave.

Evening shave - 3/24/24
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)
Aftershave: Clubman VIBR
New blade to me in the Tiger Platinum. I know it can be a polarizing blade, but it performed quite well. No issues. Not quite as sharp as the Personna Platinum that I was previously using, but plenty good enough. It was very smooth though. No complaints.

This is the last loose blade I have, which means that next Sunday when I change blades I will only have full tucks! This will be a major milestone!

Evening shave - 3/26/24
Razor: Lord L6
Blade: Tiger Platinum (3)
Aftershave: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Rating: 9/10, DFS
Shave was a bit easier as compared to the previous one. Still the blade is not sharp enough to get a real close shave it seems. It is not a horrible shave by any means, but things could be better as well. It was a very comfortable shave though. Very smooth, but these annoying straggler whiskers here and there annoys me. Still quite presentable.

After deciding to cut this Tiger Platinum blade short I am officially open tuck and loose blade free! All I have are complete unopened tucks! This has been a fun journey to try to accomplish this. My next task is to eliminate all my tucks that does not belong to a pack of blades. This journey will a long one. I probably have about 15 tucks or so and at one blade per week it will be a while, but it will be an interesting one. I have some challenging blades to use among these and we will see if I will prevail. Stay tuned for that adventure to begin.

Evening shave - 3/27/24
Razor: Parker SoloEdge
Blade: Treet Platinum (half) (1)
First time using this razor and I have to say wow. It was a great very intuitive shave. Plenty close and I could have as easily have judged this a BBS, but there was a few small stubbled areas left. No irritation. Overall a wonderful shave.

Morning shave - 3/29/24
Blade: Treet Platinum (half) (2)
Aftershave: Lustray Blue Spice
Rating: 9.5/10, BBS
Another fantastic shave by the SoloEdge. However, I was getting a bit exuberant and caused myself a bit of skin tightness and a few weepers. Still a very comfortable shave with a great shave outcome.

New Tuck!

Sunday March 31, 2024
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Brush: Simpson CH2
Lather: Tabac
Razor: Henson Mild
Blade: Feather (1/5)

IMG_6686.jpg

Evening shave - 3/30/24
Blade: Treet Platinum (half) (3)
Aftershave: Osage Rub
This shave was a great shave for the books. Very close indeed and even after 12 hours it was not much growth. Smooth and pleasant. Cannot ask for more.

Evening shave - 3/31/24
Blade: Treet Platinum (half) (4)
Soap: BSS #1 (single lye)
Aftershave: Afta Original After Shave Gel
Rating: 9.25/10, DFS++
Did not have much stubble growth from last shave since it was so close so I somewhat expected a bit of irritation and sure enough I did have some skin tightness and a weeper. However, the shave was as close as the previous one. This is one fantastic razor. It is just a razor that needs a bit more growth on my face to not cause irritation or I need to get better with it.

Evening shave - 4/1/24
Blade: Parker Premium Platinum (half) (1)
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
Rating: 9.5/10, DFS+
Solid shave with a new blade to me. Very comfortable with no issues. Not quite as close as the previous shave, but plenty good still. No issues.

Top Bottom