What's new

Trumpers Sampler Pack - Sandalwood

Just received my sampler pack in the mail today from London. The Sandalwood fragrance is out of this world. By far my favorite of what was provided. In fact, I'm writing this from work at the moment, and I can't stop smelling myself. I think my co-workers are giving me funny looks... =]

I thought that too when mine came - shame it doesn't come in the nice glass bottles like the others though.

Didn't matter long mind because I went and sniffed some Penhaligon's. The rest is history.

I liked Sandalwood too. I'd suggest giving the Saint Charles Shave Sandalwood a try too. I found the two similar enough (although Trumper's does have more going on) to save myself $50 and order the S.C.S. stuff.

GFT Sandalwood is a good one. Although it isn't my favorite of theirs (I much prefer Spanish Leather), I've gotten the most comments from the ladies on the Sandalwood.

I don't like GFT Sandalwood. It's far too artificial and 'playful'. Were I to wear something with sandalwood, I'd pick Floris Eau de Santal, or Guerlain Héritage, or even, were I mad enough to spend over €100 on a bottle of perfume, Creed Original Santal. The latter fragrances are dryer, richer, more wood-like than the flowery and fleeting GFT variant. (I was a mere hairsbreadth away from getting the Floris scent as well as a tube of shaving cream, but decided that these scents are too heavy for me to be wearing casually. Special occasions, indubitably. Cold winter days, yes. Warm summer days, no.)

Its not at all a true sandalwood fragrance though, just so you know. If you like it though try DR Harris Sandalwood AS splash as it close in sweetness.

GFT Sandalwood is a good one. Although it isn't my favorite of theirs (I much prefer Spanish Leather), I've gotten the most comments from the ladies on the Sandalwood.
I tried their Spanish Leather, and my daughter and wife said it didn't work on me at all.

It was almost like an intervention, the way they went about telling me :lol:

Top Bottom