What's new

Tried Cella For The First Time.

...oh, baby, where have you been all my life?!

Seriously, this stuff is great. I bought a kilo brick, stuffed some of it into a hair pomade can (plastic with screw-on lid), and used it this morning. I used Marco's method to get a good, heavy load, then face-lathered it into a thick, creamy lather...enough for three passes, and I still had to take my time rinsing the brush. I would mention that I didn't shave yesterday after getting a good case of razor burn on Monday (which I've never had before in my life), so I had a little trepidation about it. I shouldn't have worried; I came out BBS, even in the irritated area, without any nicks, cuts, or weepers. I even felt comfortable using the Cat as my aftershave today.

Cella is definitely a new favorite. I've had trouble with soaps in the past (I'm looking at you, MWF), and have generally tended toward creams, but I'll definitely be keeping Cella around. And, with a kilo brick, I doubt I'll have to refresh often....

:thumbup:

Excellent...congratulations!

Cella is a definite keeper...everyone needs to try it. For me, it's a second-stringer, as I prefer the hard soaps -- including the troublesome (for others, not me...) MWF, as well as Tabac and DR Harris.

However, the red tub is right there, looking at me every day...and every once in a while, it's "hey, I'm going to treat myself to a Cella shave today!" :001_smile

You know Cella is here to stay whenever every week there is a new thread or two praising Cella for the most part. Glad you like it and like you I bought the 1 KG size without never testing it out first. I should use it more but one shave a day and other soaps waiting beckoning me as well to use up. Enjoy your Cella shaves!

Cella is my favorite mass market shaving product. Great scent, and it is a great performer as well. Can't go wrong with its price either.

Though I've trended more towards artisanal soaps lately, cella is always in my rotation. Mainly because I don't really have to think about how to use Cella. (E.G., some soaps have finicky water ratios, or take a really long time to load). For me, cella just works and I always get great shaves.

So I was going to make a topic about the first and second time I used Cella and how amazed I was and how happy it makes me to have found this.

But why bother? the forum is full with the same topic.
I'm thinking, when I've used up my puck, that I'll get the 1kg and maybe share it with some friends.

Which aftershaves go good together with Cella?

Hi Vilmore, Do get the 1KG Cella. I bought the 1KG size without testing it out first and no regrets. Glad you like it. I really like the post shave feel from Cella that I don't use AS.

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Which aftershaves go good together with Cella?

Since Cella's scent does not last much beyond the shave, you really can use anything. However, I do enjoy going with something that follows that wonderful amaretto scent. Stirling Bergamot Lavender often is my choice.

Cella makes me wish I needed to shave 2 or 3 times a day. I'd reserve one shave per day for Cella and the other(s) for an experimental soap.

If you like Cella, also try Vitos.

Hi Vilmore, Do get the 1KG Cella. I bought the 1KG size without testing it out first and no regrets. Glad you like it. I really like the post shave feel from Cella that I don't use AS.

I have first started with 2 small red tubs of Cella, and use it about twice a week, and play with others like TOBS, Trumpers, Proraso as well, whatever I'm in the mood for at the moment.

I'm real happy with Cella myself, I like the fragrance, and I also note it seems hard to place a dent in the quantity, like this first little tub is going to last me some good months.

That it seems like I don't have to load the Brush for numerous minutes on end to then get a bowl full of rich thick lather, which is easily enough for a 3 pass shave. I truly hate seeing the unused stuff go down the drain. (And my tap water is brutal here)

Not sure at what point I'll finally get through these two "fooler" little tubs, but for sure before that time comes, I will have a large brick on order!

I have first started with 2 small red tubs of Cella, and use it about twice a week, and play with others like TOBS, Trumpers, Proraso as well, whatever I'm in the mood for at the moment.

I'm real happy with Cella myself, I like the fragrance, and I also note it seems hard to place a dent in the quantity, like this first little tub is going to last me some good months.

That it seems like I don't have to load the Brush for numerous minutes on end to then get a bowl full of rich thick lather, which is easily enough for a 3 pass shave. I truly hate seeing the unused stuff go down the drain. (And my tap water is brutal here)

Not sure at what point I'll finally get through these two "fooler" little tubs, but for sure before that time comes, I will have a large brick on order!

Sounds great! Plus you can now reuse those red Cella tubs when you get that large brick. I hear these 1 KG size typically last over 2 years of daily usage!

Top Bottom